Chapter 596: Aren't you a joke?

Sure enough, after taking a few more steps, she saw Ge Chunru asking the manager of the gambling den some questions with an ugly expression.

The manager snorted. "If you don't have money, then I'll have no choice but to break your brother's hand."

Although Ge Chunru was angry at her brother for sneakily coming to the gambling house and losing five thousand taels, she panicked when she heard that this man wanted to break her brother's hand.

"No, you can't break my brother's hand."

Ge Chunru's voice trembled as she said, "State your conditions. As long as it's within my means, I'll agree."

She really didn't have five thousand taels.

Before she came, she had asked her sister, but her sister couldn't take it out.

The manager was unmoved.

He even looked at Ge Chunru with some disdain. "You are no longer the concubine of a deputy governor. What use do you have?"

"There are only two options now. Pay me back or I'll cut off his hand," he said coldly.

They didn't need Ge Chunru at all, so they only wanted to collect money.

The Ge family still had a courtyard and a shop.

If they sold them, they would be able to raise enough to pay off the debts.

Ge Chunru felt humiliated, and her face turned pale.

However, she couldn't refute him.

She felt she had hit a wall everywhere after leaving Xiao Yuanshi, and her life was becoming less and less satisfying.

Seeing the manager's firm attitude, she could only clench her teeth and say, "Then give me some time. I'll try my best to gather them."

In fact, even if the manager wanted her to steal something from Xiao Yuanshi, she couldn't do anything as she couldn't even enter the deputy governor's office.

However, she couldn't just watch her brother's hand be broken.

The manager had achieved his goal and smiled. "Okay, I'll give you three days to raise the money, but the interest will double with every additional day."

It was useless for them to break Ge Chunyi's hand, so of course they wanted money.

What he did today was also to force Ge Chunru and her brother to raise money so that they could take the bait.

Ge Chunru's heart ached, but she had to protect her brother's hand. "Okay, three days it is," she agreed.

The manager then waved his hand, and the two thugs released Ge Chunyi.

The manager continued, "Take your brother and leave. If you don't return the money in three days, we'll have to go to your house personally. Your brother's hand will definitely not be saved."

Ge Chunru advanced and assisted Ge Chunyi. "I understand."

This was not the first time Ge Chunyi had been caught.

He believed that his sister would not leave him alone, so he was not bothered.

Ge Chunru also pulled Ge Chunying here.

Just now, she stood at the side and did not say anything, nor did she plead for mercy.

Now, seeing Ge Chunyi's appearance, she knew that he would never change. There was no hope of him changing for the better.