Chapter 496: Definitely not having them in the residence

Ruan Songling did not expect her daughter to admit it so quickly.

Her cold gaze swept across the servant girl kneeling on the ground. She must not be allowed to live.

"I did not instruct her to set the fire, but she said she wanted to."

She had already noticed that Prince Jin's expression was extremely unsightly, so she could not admit it directly.

The maidservant's eyes suddenly reddened. "Princess Consort, didn't you and the princess said that both of you really can't take this lying down and that you want to kill all these lowly commoners in Heyang County, but His Highness didn't agree. Y'all said that it's all because of Shi Qingluo.

"Previously, you asked the prince to send someone to set the fire, but the prince didn't agree. You didn't have anyone on hand, so you ordered me.

"You asked me to handle this matter clean, otherwise, my entire family will die. How would I dare to disobey?"

She kowtowed to the princess consort. "Princess consort, I didn't expect Xiao Hanzheng to find out about the arson and then arrest me.

"I only beg you to let my family go. I am willing to admit all crimes and die."

Ruan Songling was so angry that she fell over. "B * tch, you really know how to distort the truth. You were the one who suggested setting fire to the Xiao family."

The maidservant continued to kowtow. "Yes, it's all my fault.

"Princess consort, I will bear all the responsibility. Please don't forget what you promised me."

Then, she suddenly took out a knife from her sleeve and stabbed it into her chest.

Blood spurted out and her mouth moved.

She glanced at the princess consort and then fell to the ground.

This scene frightened many people and caught Prince Jin off guard.

Xiao Hanzheng seemed to be shocked as well.

He immediately went forward to take her pulse and looked at the maid's eyelids.

He then sighed. "She's dead!"

Liang Yujun hadn't expected this maidservant to be so fierce, actually committing suicide.

However, he felt that something was not right.

He knew that Xiao Hanzheng had medical skills, but he did not trust his judgment, so he asked the general physician to check again.

The physician came forward and did the same examination.

He then stood up and said to Prince Jin, "Your Highness, she is really gone."

Liang Yujun looked at the maidservant on the ground, feeling extremely unlucky, and even more so, he felt an indescribable anger.

She was indeed dead, but it also validated the fact that Ruan Songling had allowed her maidservant to set fire to the county office with the princess.

He was furious. He looked at Ruan Songling and asked, "What did you promise her?"

From the looks of it, this fool must have promised her something before, which was why the maidservant said that she would bear the responsibility and then commit suicide.

Ruan Songling also did not expect her to commit suicide in public.

She seemed to be in a daze. When she heard Prince Jin's question, she shook her head. "I didn't promise her anything!"