Chapter 500: He was almost led astray too

Seeing that Prince Yi had led Prince Jin into the conversation, Xiao Hanzheng did not take the initiative to ask what he wanted to do.

He and Shi Qingluo sat at the side and listened to their conversation.

It was also because of this that Liang Yujun was even more annoyed with his younger brother, Liang Yulin.

He had originally wanted to come to find Xiao Hanzheng and wait for them to ask him if he had come for anything, and then he would mention it in the passing.

Who knew that with Liang Yulin's interference, everything would be messed up.

Seeing that Liang Yulin was still holding him back to talk, he immediately turned to Shi Qingluo.

"Princess Fubao, I heard that you brought back a lot of potatoes?"

When Shi Qingluo heard this, she knew that Prince Jin had come today to ask for potatoes.

"Yes, I brought back a few hundred catties," she nodded.

"My husband has already taken a look at a few villages and asked the villagers to come over and sow the seeds.

"After we harvest the potatoes next year, we'll keep them for planting. A few years later, the people at the northern border will be able to eat potatoes.

She said this to stop Prince Jin from asking for potatoes.

As expected, Liang Yujun's expression was a little unnatural.

He was just about to tell Shi Qingluo to get half of the potatoes and bring them back to Northern City.

Who knew that she would tell him how she would distribute the potatoes, so he couldn't ask for more.

The main thing was that Liang Yulin was here, or else he would have threatened and bribed her.

He forced a smile. "This arrangement is quite good.

"When the potatoes are harvested next year, you can give me some as well. I'll make arrangement to plant them in other counties at the northern border."

"No problem." Shi Qingluo nodded and smiled.

This was a good thing for the people of the northern border. Even if Prince Jin did it for the sake of his reputation, she would not go against him.

"Is there anything else, Your Highness?" she asked. "If not, I'll make a move first. I still have to go to a few villages to see how they're raising bees."

Liang Yujun had originally wanted to talk more with Shi Qingluo and her husband, mostly for their sake. In the end, he divorced his wife and demoted his daughter.

However, he did not expect Liang Yulin to follow him in, and Shi Qingluo did not do as he had expected.

He could only hold his breath and say, "There's nothing else. You may leave."

Hence, Shi Qingluo left first.

Liang Yujun asked Xiao Hanzheng about the general situation in the county.

He also left early.

Liang Yulin smiled and said, "Imperial brother, do you want to stay for lunch? Let us have a few drinks as well. I would like to thank you."

Liang Yujun remained silent. He was afraid that the wine was poisoned.

He immediately refused. "I have something to do in Northern City. I'll pass this time. We'll go for a drink when I have the chance in the future."