Chapter 501: Just this?

After Prince Jin returned to the courtyard, he called Liang Mingyu over and gave him some instructions before bringing his men back to Northern City.

He even asked someone to ask Zhuo Zheng if he wanted to leave with him, but he turned it down.

Prince Jin had no objections.

The benefits of his son staying by Shi Qingluo's side were greater than the cost, so he let him be.

When he returned to the Northern City, he would help to convince Zhuo Zheng's mother.

After he left, he was ambushed and assassinated on his way on the second day.

Fortunately, he had brought many people with him, and they were all experts. He had also had the dragon guards, the men of sacrifice left behind by the late emperor to escort him in secret.

Otherwise, he would have been assassinated.

On the way, they were first met with a wave of arrows, and then encountered a trap dug along the way.

Then, waves of men of sacrifice appeared and ambushed them.

Prince Jin was about to go crazy.

He hated Liang Yulin once more. As expected, this bastard wouldn't let him go so easily.

Prince Yi, who was packing his luggage in the county office and preparing to choose a location for the border canned food workshop, was drinking iced sour plum soup leisurely.

He also received news that Prince Jin had been ambushed and had fled with his men.

He was the one who had arranged for the ambush and assassination of Prince Jin.

Prince Jin could not die yet, else the northern border would fall into chaos, and the Ge Kingdom would take the opportunity to send troops.

He squinted his eyes and sneered.

Did Prince Jin really think that he could escape his death with the dragon guards protecting him?

In truth, he had half of the dragon guards, they didn't come from his imperial brother, but from the late emperor.

Before the late emperor was about to die from his illness, he would often take the initiative to go and serve him.

Then, he would recall all kinds of bitter and sweet memories, making the late emperor remember that it was his mother who had been by his side during his most difficult times.

And how much hardship did his mother and his royal brother suffer behind his back?

She even pretended to be sad and reluctant to see the old man leave.

When the old man's heart began to soften a little, he took the initiative to say that he was weak and sickly, which led to him not having any children in his life.

This made his brothers and sisters laugh at him secretly, hinting at how bitter and sad he was.

The old man also felt guilty towards him and his mother, so he took the initiative to give the other half of the dragon guards that he had originally wanted to give to Prince Jin.

He had also given him the elite portion of the dragon guards, the strongest force their imperial family had publicly trained.

He said that he wanted to make it up to them.

After all, his mother had a premature birth back then as others schemed against her, which caused him to be weak and sickly.

The old man expressed his regrets, saying that he shouldn't have treated him and his mother so coldly all these years.