Chapter 440: These workshops were very good!

The next day, a strong fragrance wafted out from several officials' rooms.

All the other officials who were having lunch at the yamen lost their appetites.

"Where did such a fragrant smell come from?" Someone could not help but ask.

"Old Duke Liang is having lunch. He brought a few cans of meat from his grandson gave him and shared with the officials." Those who knew the situation replied.

Everyone was speechless.

They were wondering why Old Duke Liang, who had been taking leave from home because it was too hot, had come to the court today.

It seemed like he was here to show off some canned meat.

"What's canned meat? Why does it smell so good?"

"I heard that it's something from the northern border. They make the meat into many flavors, then seal it in a clay jar. It can be preserved for more than half a year without going bad."

This was what he had heard from Old Duke Liang when he passed by.

"Ah, really? What kind of meat could last for more than half a year without going bad? And the weather is so hot."

"That's right, are they just rumors?"

"No, the canned meat that Old Duke Liang brought for lunch today was shipped over from the northern border more than a month ago."

"Does it smell rotten?"

The crowd shook their heads.

"It doesn't look like it. It smells so good!"

"That's right. I heard that after lunch, there will be delicious frozen canned fruits."

"It's his fortune to have a grandson who followed Mdm Shi to the northern border. He sends all the good things to the capital."

"That's right, this must be something that Mdm Shi made."

"After smelling this, I also want to taste this jug of canned meat. I don't know when the capital will sell it.

"I just want to see if the meat and fruits that haven't gone bad after so long can still be eaten."

"When it's sold in the capital, let's go buy a few jars to try."

"We still have to wait. After all, we've been waiting for so long and haven't been able to buy a pair of rubber-soled leather shoes."

Everyone remained silent.

Mentioning this made them feel like crying.

On the other hand, Old Master Liang was eating with a few colleagues.

They praised the canned food multiple times.

"This tasted too amazing."

"This red braised meat is fat but not greasy. It melts in my mouth. It's simply too delicious."

"I like this braised chicken. I've had three bowls of rice after using its gravity to soak the rice."

"The canned fruit is delicious too, I've already taken three bowls..."

Originally, everyone had a bitter summer and their appetites were not that good.

They didn't expect to become so full today.

Old Master Liang was also full, but he still smiled and said, "Of course. If it isn't tasty, my grandson will not have sent it to the capital from the northern border."