Chapter 551: Was he here to pick them up?

Not long after the new year, Xi Rui, Xi Rong, and Liang Youxiao set off for the northern border.

Fei Yuzhe was supposed to return to the capital to celebrate the new year, but the emperor appointed him to replace Xiao Hanzheng as the county magistrate of Heyang County.

Because he still had many things to do, he had to spend the new year with the Xiao family in Heyang County, so he didn't follow the group who was going back.

Qi Yiyang had specially returned to the capital for the new year, and after a few days, he went back with the three of them.

This time, there was even the fifth prince who was shamelessly following them.

It was also because of the fifth prince's presence that the descendants in the public administration house who had been dumped at the northern border were dumped by their elders again to join the group of people going to the northern border.

This group of people left the capital in a grandiose manner, and Xiao Hanzheng handed over all his work to Fei Yuzhe.

This was a better option.

After all, Fei Yuzhe had been in charge of Heyang County for a long time and was familiar with it.

There would not be a harsh or corrupt county magistrate who would suddenly come to prey on its people.

Fei Yuzhe was also preparing to become an official, and this was a good opportunity for him.

Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo had already laid out the road ahead for him.

He only needed to maintain and progress further from the foundation he had, and his achievements would not be bad.

Especially after the cement road leading to the capital and Northern City was completed, it would connect other trade routes and make Heyang County the only way from the Western Region to the capital and Northern City.

It would certainly drive the county's development.

The news of Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo's departure also spread quickly.

The commoners couldn't feel happy, and some even cried.

"If Mr Xiao and Madam leave, what will we do?"

"That's right, it wasn't easy for our days to become better, so why did Mr Xiao and Madam leave?"

"I really can't bear to see Mr Xiao and Madam leave. Ever since they came here, Heyang County has changed a lot."

"Exactly. A few days ago, my relative came from a neighboring county to visit. He was surprised to see us here and said that he had never seen such a lively county before.

"There's also Dumby and that flock of geese. After Madam left, I wouldn't be able to see that flock of geese patrolling anymore.

"Can Mr Xiao and Madam not leave? Why don't we file a petition among the locals and ask the emperor to let Mr Xiao stay in Heyang County?"

"Although we don't want Mr Xiao to leave, we'll be harming Mr Xiao if we send tens of thousands of people there. I heard that he's going to be a magistrate in Northern City."

"You're right. If that's the case, we'll be dragging Mr Xiao down. I really hope that he and his wife can stay in Heyang County!"

"I wonder who will take over Heyang County in the future. If he turns out to be like the previous county magistrate, won't our days go back to how it was before?"

"I've heard about the next county magistrate. Mr Fei was promoted to take over as the county magistrate.

"If it's Mr Fei, then it's fine."