Chapter 426: Dumbfounded

After the canned muttons were sold out.

Shi Qingluo asked her people to bring out some jars of canned fruit.

"This is canned fruit. I'll let everyone try it today for free.

"But I don't make many jars of canned fruit, so I won't sell them."

These words made the people who had just calmed down a little dumbfounded.

"What? Can fruits be canned?"

"What's so good about canned fruit? Is it just stuffing fruits into a jar?"

"It shouldn't be that simple, or else why would Madam take it out for us to taste?"

"Look, they had opened a jar of canned fruit."

Shi Qingluo asked one of her people to bring out the green leaves that had been prepared and rolled them up into the shape of a container.

"It will still be one spoon per person. Line up and try it."

As soon as she finished speaking, the crowd quickly rushed to line up.

Then, they tried all the canned food made from grapes, peaches, and apricots.

"Oh my God, this is too delicious. Its juice is so delicious. I'm sure there's sugar in it."

"So this canned fruit. We all got it wrong."

"It's so delicious. It's better than fresh grapes."

"I also think it's more delicious than fresh peaches."

"The canned fruit's juice is especially delicious."

"Nonsense, how can it not taste good with sugar?"

Everyone was sighing as they tasted the food.

All in all, they were all shocked again. This kind of canned fruit was really delicious.

The main reason for this was that sugar was expensive now, and there were not many people who were willing to eat sugar.

Moreover, the taste of the canned food cooked with sugar together with the secret recipe was something that the ancient people had never tasted before, which was why they were amazed.

After all, in the modern era where there was no shortage of sugar and fruits, there were many who liked to buy canned fruit to eat.

It meant that the acceptance rate among the public was very high.

"Madam, how much are these fruit cans for?" Someone asked.

Shi Qingluo smiled. "60 wen each. On the first day of sale, it will also be half price. For the next month, it will be 40 wen with limited quantity each day."

"It's so expensive," Someone exclaimed.

In their hearts, these were just fruits. How could they be so expensive?

Shi Qingluo laughed. "Not only are there fruits in here, but there's also expensive sugar. It's made with a secret recipe. That's why it's so expensive.

"And there's a rubber ring in the bottle cap. There aren't many of these in the entire Daliang, so it's very expensive.

"If you want to buy canned food, but you don't need to use this can to store things, you can return it together with its cap and the rubber ring to our workshop. We'll recycle them. Six wen each."

It wasn't expensive to produce porcelain jars by themselves. What was expensive was the rubber transported from the capital.

The emperor wasn't giving them for free. They would have to pay according to the market price.