Chapter 504: Not concerned

Xiao Yuanshi hurriedly left and walked toward the gate.

Upon seeing this, Old Lady Xiao also handed the child to the nanny and followed with her two daughters-in-law.

Seeing this, Tao Liu's lips curved into a sarcastic smile.

She wanted to see how Ge Chunru would respond.

At this moment, a maidservant walked in with a bowl of soup.

"Madam, this is the soup that the kitchen has specially prepared for you. Shall I serve it to you now?" she asked with a smile.

Tao Liu looked her and felt a chill in her heart.

This servant girl had been by her side since she entered the general's residence.

Her father was seriously ill, and she had paid for his treatment.

However, she didn't expect that she would be bought over by Ge Chunru in order to build a big house for her family.

If she had not received the news from Xiao Hanzheng's people, she would not have thought that she was hiding the clothes stained with smallpox in order to harm her child.

The human heart was truly sinister.

She was filled with hatred in her heart, but she didn't show it on her face.

She waved her hand and said, "I'll drink it later.

The head maidservant didn't try to persuade her.

Instead, she looked at the child in the nanny's arms with a gentle expression.

She walked over to the nanny and said, "Come, let me carry the little master."

The nanny didn't think much of it. After all, this maidservant was by her madam's side and had helped to hold other children a lot recently.

Just as she was about to hand the child over, she heard her madam say, "Give me the baby."

The nanny immediately turned to the direction of the child. "Yes, Madam."

The head maidservant was stunned for a moment.

She said anxiously, "Madam, it is better for me to carry."

Tao Liu squinted her eyes. "No need. I haven't carried her today."

Then, she hurriedly took the child from the nanny's arms and looked at the baby's peaceful sleeping face before she felt at ease.

Then, she carried the child to the inner room. "I'll take her to sleep."

She asked the wet nurse and a maidservant to stay behind, and let the others out.

The head maidservant could only give up and follow the other two out.

As soon as she went out, Tao Liu ordered the maidservant who was still in the room to secretly monitor the head maidservant.

This maid was a gift from Xiao Hanzheng, so she was trustworthy.

She didn't know why, but she felt that the head maidservant had wanted to do something to her daughter.

Xiao Hanzheng told her that she'd better expose and solve the hidden danger around her as soon as possible, otherwise, her child would fall for it accidentally.

She also thought so.

The maidservant immediately left.

On the other hand.

Xiao Yuanshi heard Ge Chunru's voice as he walked to the door.

"How dare you! How dare you cut off my brother's fingers! I'll make sure you have a horrible death!" Ge Chunru cried.