Chapter 427: Getting better

Because the candles were made of mutton oil, the cost price was already lower than others, so they were sold at a price of about 30% lower.

It was half price again, so many people followed suit and bought some.

However, the best things to buy were soap and scented soap.

In less than an hour, the inventory from the productions in the past half month was completely emptied.

Of course, what was cleared out was the cheapest soap and scented soap.

Except for a few rich families in the county who bought carved ones, the rest of the people bought the cheapest.

Most people in the queue had bought four pieces each.

When they thought about how they had gotten half the price today and would have to return to the original price starting tomorrow, they all had smiles on their faces. They had really earned a lot today.

When they brought it back, they would let their family and neighbors see this good thing.

"I heard that the county magistrate's wife has an old immortal master. I thought it was just a rumor, but it seems to be true now."

"I think it's true, too. Otherwise, how could an ordinary person know how to store meat and fruit for more than half a year and such good soap and scented soap?"

"It's a pity that the old immortal's temple is in the South. Otherwise, I'd like to go pay my respects and offer incense."

"Me too. I heard that it's really effective to make a wish in front of the old immortal."

"The county magistrate's wife doesn't only know these things. She has been to many villages recently and helped the villagers plant those rubber flowers, wolfberries, beets, and so on.

"After the contract is signed, if the villagers can't sell it, the county government's workshop and her friends would buy it at market price."

"As expected of the old immortal's disciple. She has a kind heart and is so powerful."

"She was sent by the old immortal to help us."

"I heard that the county magistrate's wife is a golden doll. I didn't feel it before, but now I feel that it's absolutely right."

"Exactly. Ever since Mr Xiao became the county magistrate, the entire county no longer feel so lifeless."

"That's right, not only is Madam powerful, but Mr Xiao also treats his people well.

"Many people have been exempted from taxes. The taxes that were collected previously have been returned recently. This is something that the previous county magistrates couldn't do."

"That's right, everyone is praising Mr Xiao for being a good official who does things for his people.

"They opened a workshop and recruited a lot of people to work there. Not only do they provide food and accommodation, but they also get paid.

"I heard that there are some benefits every month, so my husband went in. He said that not only can he eat his fill every day, but he can also eat meat every two or three days."

"That's great, but it won't be so easy to work in the workshop now."

"Yes, it's temporarily full. Fortunately, when the county magistrate just opened the workshop and recruited workers, my wife went."

There were both male and female workers in the two large workshops, but they ate, lived, and worked separately, so it would not cause any criticism.

"There was also a knitting workshop opened by the county magistrate's wife's friend. The women and young ladies who work there are very comfortable.