Chapter 594: Working together to dig a hole

A few days later, Prince Yi brought Shi Qingluo and a few others to the casino opened by Prince Jin's son to redeem the silver they had won.

This was the gambling den opened by Prince Jin's fourth son, who also liked to eat, drink, and play.

With so many people placing large sums of money on Shi Qingluo's victory with such high odds, his heart ache when he knew that he had to pay a million taels.

He even had the urge to renege on his debt.

However, before he could do that, his subordinates reported that Prince Yi and Princess Fubao had come.

Liang Mingwen could only brace himself and go downstairs to welcome them.

When he saw the elegant and refined Prince Yi, he found it difficult to associate him with the black-hearted, ruthless, and shameless image that his father had described.

However, their father had directly emphasized how shameless and difficult Prince Yi was over multiple occasions and told them not to provoke him if they met him.

Therefore, he was on guard and walked up with a smile.

He first bowed to Prince Yi. "Greetings, imperial uncle!"

Liang Yulin smiled and nodded. "You're welcome."

Liang Mingwen then greeted the fifth prince and the others, and finally, his gaze fell on Shi Qingluo. "Greetings, Princess Fubao!"

He had heard a lot about Shi Qingluo, but this was the first time he had seen her in person.

Like what the rumors said, Shi Qingluo did not look like a village woman based on her appearance, temperament and looks.

Instead, she looked more like a noble lady.

Normally, he would also admire women who were also filled with mystery.

But now, he was in no mood to appreciate it because his heart ached terribly.

This gambling house was not a property of Prince Jin's residence but his own.

Because of Shi Qingluo, he was forced to fork out a million taels of silver.

At the same time, he chastised the Tu family for being too useless, causing him to be implicated for the payments.

Shi Qingluo smiled at him. "Hello, fourth young master!"

Liang Yulin led the group in and looked around. "Your place looks pretty good."

Liang Mingwen forced a smile. "It's just a small casino. It doesn't deserve your praise."

Seeing him like this, Liang Yulin knew that his heart was aching for the silver.

However, the more distressed Prince Jin's son was, the better his mood became.

Seeing that there was an area for playing mahjong and cards, he smiled and said, "You should thank my daughter-in-law for your good business here."

Liang Mingwen was speechless.

You're not even married yet, how did you have a daughter-in-law?

"Your daughter-in-law?" he asked despite knowing the answer.

"Princess Fubao!" Liang Yulin laughed openly.

He and Yuelan were engaged, and marriage was a matter that had been nailed into an iron plate, so there was nothing wrong with announcing that Shi Qingluo was his daughter-in-law.

Liang Mingwen was speechless.

Sure enough, it was just as his father had said.

His imperial uncle was too thick-skinned.