Chapter 549: Regardless, he didn't believe it

Xiao Yuanshi had not seen Ge Chunru for a long time.

However, he knew Ge Chunru's recent situation at the tip of his fingertips.

After all, he had gotten his people to pay attention to her.

Ge Chunyi and Mdm Niu had used up most of Ge Chunru's money.

Mdm Niu even incited Ge Chunyi to secretly sell one of the maidservants she brought with her, and the two of them took it to the gambling house and made a loss.

They came back and lied to Ge Chunru and she ran away on her own.

That stupid woman actually believed them.

Now, Ge Chunyi's courtyard only had one maidservant left.

Mdm Niu's attitude towards Ge Chunru was also much worse than before.

She would even throw a tantrum from time to time.

Ge Chunyi was also getting more and more impatient with his sister because Ge Chunru did not allow him to go to the gambling dens.

The shop that Ge Chunyi managed closed down as it was making losses.

Ge Chunru was short of money, so she sold the shop.

When Ge Chunru had spent all the money she had brought out, and Ge Chunyi sold the last shop and servant girl, he wondered how Ge Chunyi and Mdm Niu would treat her.

He didn't want to see Ge Chunru at first, but he was in a good mood and wanted to see what Ge Chunru was up to.

Hence, he let his personal attendant bring her to the main hall.

He had already been tricked once in the study room, and he would not let anyone in again.

Xiao Yuanshi walked slowly to the main hall and saw Ge Chunru, who was dressed simply.

She looked a lot more haggard than when she left the deputy governor's office, and she seemed to have aged a few years.

Without her luxurious clothes and jewelry, Ge Chunru looked like an ordinary woman.

He also noticed that Ge Chunru, who was ten years younger than Mdm Kong, actually did not look as young as Mdm Kong.

Although the current Mdm Kong didn't look like a little girl, her appearance was already first-class, and there was an additional charm to it.

She was the kind that was more and more pleasing to the eye, and she even looked younger.

He suddenly felt that he was really blind in the past.

Otherwise, why would he fancy such a simple dish like Ge Chunru?

He walked in and sat down.

He looked at Ge Chunru coldly and asked, "What do you want from me? Just say it."

Ge Chunru looked at Xiao Yuanshi, who was still in high spirits, and her hatred for him grew.

She took a deep breath and said proudly, "My sister will be bringing her son to Northern City to see me soon.

"That's why I'm thinking of moving back with my brother for a while."

She had received a letter from her sister, saying that she had given birth to a son for the second prince.

Because she missed her and Ge Chunyi so much, she was prepared to personally bring the child to live in Northern City for a while.

This made Ge Chunru very happy.