Chapter 595: These two people are too ruthless

Land in Northern City was becoming more and more valuable.

To offer a large piece of land to build an academy was no different from cutting Liang Mingwen's flesh.

"Don't you want to remove the crown prince from his position and take it up yourself?" Liang Yulin asked in a low voice.

"Among my royal brother's children, you are the one who can make the most money, and you are also the smarter one who knows how to use this to conceal your strength.

"But do you think you can win just by relying on these?

"You still lack reputation. Recently, Liang Mingyu has been in charge of road construction, and his reputation among those at the northern border is getting better and better."

He put in the bait. "If you don't hurry up, you won't have the chance in this lifetime."

Liang Mingwen's expression changed.

He didn't expect that Prince Yi would find out that he was deliberately eating, drinking, and having fun to hide his ambitions and his strength behind his back.

He wanted to let his other brothers fight first, and he would wait to reap the benefits.

Of course, he wouldn't admit it.

He smiled helplessly. "Imperial uncle, you've misunderstood. I just want to be a dandy."

"You don't look like a dandy," Xi Rui suddenly interjected.

Liang Mingwen and Xi Rui had known each other since they were young.

Although they hadn't seen each other for so many years, he still knew that Xi Rui was the number one dandy in the capital and that he was the capital's little tyrant.

He laughed. "Why don't I look like a dandy? "

Xi Rui proudly patted his chest. "A true dandy is someone like me, unambitious but fond of entertainment."

He rolled his eyes. "Which rich boy would have the energy to run so many businesses and work so hard? As dandies, our life goal is to enjoy life."

Liang Mingwen was speechless.

It was the first time he had seen someone so proud of being a dandy.

And he was actually speechless because it made sense.

He was using the title of a rich boy to hide his ambitions.

While he was developing in a low-profile manner, the money he earned was also his bargaining chip for fighting for the position of the crown prince.

The real rich people liked to eat, drink, and play.

Because they were afraid of suffering and being tired, they naturally would not run many businesses by themselves.

All of a sudden, he felt very embarrassed.

"So stop pretending in front of us," Xi Rui said with a chuckle.

Shi Qingluo said before that as long as we don't feel embarrassed, others will be the ones feeling embarrassed instead.

He felt that it made a lot of sense.

Liang Mingwen was speechless. He was so direct and annoying.

No wonder his father had been nagging about these people recently.

Liang Yulin smiled and said, "You have money, but you lack reputation.

"What my son and daughter-in-law mentioned benefits you."