Chapter 544: We can also marry into the Xiao family

A few other aristocratic families also had the idea of letting their sons, who did not need to inherit their family business, to marry Xiao Baili.

The main reason was that Xiao Hanyi was too young, otherwise these people would want to bring their illegitimate daughters here.

The crown prince quickly found out about the second prince's plan, but he didn't take it to heart.

Firstly, he believed that Xiao Hanzheng was a smart man and would not get involved in the fight for the throne.

Secondly, he disdained winning others over with this kind of method.

He had a princess consort, but his secondary consort position was still empty.

There were not many women in the backyard.

If he proposed to his father to marry Xiao Baili as a secondary consort, his father should not object.

As long as his father agreed to the marriage, Xiao Hanzheng could not object.

However, he would not do that.

It was a bad idea to rely on women to give him a power boost and win others over.

Besides, his imperial father is at the prime of his life, would he want his son to eye on the dragon throne he's on now?

His second brother and the others were too active.

Even if he didn't do anything, his father would step in to suppress them.

However, he could still be nice to his imperial uncle.

The crown prince quickly wrote a letter to Prince Yi.

It seemed to be just a letter to express care and concern, but he also wrote about which families were eyeing on Xiao Baili, so that Prince Yi would know.

That day, Liang Youxiao and Xi Rui went shopping at the same time.

The two of them were wearing their down jackets, and each of them had a handsome big goose following behind.

As they walked on the road, the number of heads that turned around was unusually high.

Especially when these two big geese were especially energetic and valiant.

They also looked very smart and obedient.

As long as the two of them said something, the goose would understand.

They would walk and stop when they were told to.

Everyone already knew that Shi Qingluo's big goose had become the king of geese, and they knew that Dumby could understand humans and was intelligent.

But now that they saw the two of them with such human-like geese, many people had the urge to raise them as pets.

Those dandies who used to hang out with the two of them were even more envious.

After they returned home they went to buy a big goose to raise as a pet.

A group of people walked out, followed by a group of big geese. They quickly became a beautiful scene in the capital.

Seeing that they were so cool, more people kept geese as pets.

The number of geese in the capital was in short supply.

It was not even enough to sell it at a high price as a pet, let alone kill it to eat.

A few days later.

The brick bed Xi Rui had ordered was ready to be used, so he invited the old master and old lady over.

The others were curious and followed him.