Chapter 508: Can't get off after getting on board the pirate ship

Ge Chunru quickly walked over.

She took out the painting scroll and reached for the bottom of the vase.

She touched a folded piece of paper and took it out.

It was a piece of brown paper.

She opened it and saw that it was a map, very similar to the one the burly man had shown her.

She felt that this map must be very important, otherwise, Xiao Yuanshi wouldn't place it in this vase.

He had once said that the most dangerous place was actually the safest place.

Indeed, if an outsider had come in to look for the map, they would not have thought that he would dump such an important thing in the vase for storing scrolls.

Most importantly, Xiao Yuanshi deliberately placed a few secret compartments in the study room.

If others came to look for them, they would only think that there were secret compartments here.

She quickly stuffed the vellum into her arms and put the scroll back.

Then, she cried and smashed the study again.

When Xiao Yuanshi's personal attendant came in, she glared at him a few times and ran away in tears.

The personal attendant touched his nose, his eyes filled with disdain.

Concubine Ge was getting more and more unpresentable. No wonder she was demoted from a wife to a concubine.

Seeing the mess in the study room, he could only let someone in to clean it up.

Ge Chunru's heart beat faster as she ran back to the yard.

She looked at the chrysanthemums that had been prepared in the room.

She deliberately said that she didn't like them and asked the servant girl to move them under the window outside the room.

She washed her face, washed away the tears, put on her makeup again, and walked out of the room.

Suddenly, a maidservant walked in and helped Ge Chunru.

"Concubine Ge, did you get the item?" she asked in a low voice.

The head maidservant behind Ge Chunru blinked and listened carefully.

Ge Chunru knew this maidservant. Although she was not the head maidservant who served her personally, she was still a second-rank maidservant who often served her.

She didn't expect her to be their people.

A chill ran down her spine.

That person's identity was definitely not as simple as being the manager of the gambling den.

She wondered if she should delay it until tomorrow.

After all, tomorrow was the agreed time limit.

The servant girl seemed to have seen through her and said, "Concubine Ge, I know you've got it. Before the deputy governor finds out, quickly send it out now and exchange it for your brother. If you came late, your brother will suffer another day."

Ge Chunru was extremely flustered. Now that she knew that she was on a pirate ship, she could not get off unless she did not care about her brother's life.

Otherwise, these people would never let her brother go.

She took a deep breath and said, "Okay, but I want to go by myself."