Chapter 542: I do have a pretty good candidate

Old Master Xi happily flipped through the bag his grandson had brought.

He took out the men's down jacket, down vest, and down warm pants that were suitable for him

"It was the right choice to let you go to the northern border with Xiao Hanzheng and his wife."

Otherwise, how could he have brought back such a good thing?

Xi Rui didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "Grandfather, why don't you leave a few for my father and the others!"

Xi Xinheng's expression changed. "Mine included too?"

Xi Rui nodded. "Yeah!"

Xi Xinheng immediately stepped forward and took a blue down jacket from the old man's hands. "Father, my son gave this to me."

The old man glared at him. "Unfilial son."

However, he didn't say anything. He still took out two pieces and threw them to his son.

As for his other sons and grandsons who were looking at him, he pretended not to see them.

Then, he put on his down jacket and went out to play chess with his old friends.

The old lady was speechless. "It's almost time for dinner. Why are you still going out? "

The old man waved his hand. "I'm going to my old friend's house to eat."

The old lady was speechless as she watched the old man leave with a pile of clothes.

It was fake that he was going to play chess.

His real intention was to show off his down jacket.

This old master was really becoming more and more like an old child.

The old lady took the down jacket from Xi Rui and went to the inner room to change.

She didn't want to change out of it after she came out.

It was light and warm, and it was really comfortable to wear.

Then, she pulled Xi Rui's hand with a face full of love and complimented, "Rui'er is still the most filial."

She also gave Xi Rui a lot of good things in front of everyone, causing others to feel envious.

The duke's wife also had two, but Xi Rui didn't bring them over.

After sitting for a while, Xi Rui helped his mother back to the courtyard.

His brothers and sisters-in-law also followed him, obviously wanting the down jacket.

What had the old master and old lady not seen before?

If they all said it was good, it would definitely not be bad.

They could imagine that this down jacket would definitely be popular in the capital very soon.

They also wanted to be the first batch of people to wear it.

Xi Rui wasn't stingy and gave them to his brothers and sisters-in-law.

Then, he returned to his own courtyard and asked the people he brought back from the northern border to dig up loess and mud to prepare to lay the heated brick bed in the old lady's room.

He didn't tell them in the courtyard during the day, mainly because he wanted to give them a surprise.

On the other hand, in the Liang family.

After Liang Youxiao returned home, he also went to the old lady's courtyard.

When the old master and the others arrived, he took out the down jackets and distributed them.