Chapter 502: He really got off easy

The next day, Prince Jin and his men were fully prepared, but no one else appeared on the road to ambush them.

Prince Jin was unable to vent his pent-up anger, making him feel even more uncomfortable.

Xiao Hanzheng soon received the news regarding Prince Jin.

After he finished reading the message, the words on the paper quickly disappeared.

Prince Yi is indeed not a kind person.

Not only did he ambush and assassinate Prince Jin, but he also played the other party like a fool.

He told Shi Qingluo what had happened in the message.

Shi Qingluo was stunned. "I didn't expect Prince Yi to be like this."

The first impression that Prince Yi gave her was that he was a refined gentleman.

Who would've thought that his hear would be filled with black sesame? More importantly, it was not just any ordinary dark.

"If he also has dragon guards, why didn't they appear when he was being hunted down?" she asked in confusion.

"Probably because I didn't bring him earlier," Xiao Hanzheng replied.

"When I went up the mountain to look for mother and the others, I found some very small traces," he said after some thought.

"It should be left by Prince Yi when he fled up the mountain, so he probably has a backup plan."

"It's just that he probably didn't expect Prince Jin to be so ruthless as to send the dragon guards to ambush him.

"That's why he almost lost his life. My mother saved him.

"However, if he really had a backup plan, perhaps he would have been able to survive even if he did not meet my mother."

Through their recent contact, Xiao Hanzheng found that Prince Yi had deliberately revealed his true nature in front of them.

He was definitely a cunning fox, worthy of being the scheming younger brother of the emperor.

To be able to obtain the other half of the dragon guards from the late emperor without Prince Jin finding out was already very impressive.

Shi Qingluo also realized that although Prince Yi looked like an idle Prince on the surface, he was actually very powerful.

No wonder the emperor asked Prince Yi to build a canned food workshop in the northern border.

In addition to building the workshop, she felt that Prince Yi probably had other important tasks.

Prince Yi was the emperor's most trusted person.

"Then do you think that if your mother really gets together with him, she won't be able to win against him? Will she be eaten up until not even her bones are left?" she suddenly asked.

How could a little white rabbit like her mother-in-law be a match for this cunning old wolf?

Originally, she was quite optimistic about Prince Yi being her father-in-law.

After all, be it his identity, appearance, temperament, or how considerate he was, he could be Mother Xiao's first choice.

These days, she had seen Prince Yi talking and doing things beside her mother-in-law, who naturally went along with it.

Shi Qingluo was also very considerate and was concerned about her mother-in-law over many small matters.

Naturally, Mother Xiao protected her and her little husband.