Chapter 494: Can't just let it go like this

The night was getting darker and darker, but Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo were not asleep.

Hearing a few meows, the two of them turned off the lights and quietly opened the door to go out.

Not long after, they saw a flame in the backyard.

Xiao Hanzheng didn't call for help immediately.

Instead, he waited for the fire to get bigger and bigger before he walked out of the yard to call for help.

"Fire! Hurry and put out the fire!"

His voice was very loud, and Prince Yi from the courtyard next door was the first to come to put out the fire with his people.

Xiao Hanzheng's men also deliberately went to the street and shouted, "The county office is on fire! Put out the fire!"

The commoners were woken up and were all shocked.

When they opened the door, they saw a huge fire in the direction of the county government office.

They immediately fetched water from buckets and carried them to put out the fire.

Xiao Hanzheng also brought his men and blocked the maidservant who had set the fire.

At this moment, the commoners were also rushing over.

Xiao Hanzheng looked at the servant girl coldly and asked, "How dare you! Who are you? Why did you set the fire on purpose?"

The maidservant seemed to have been shocked by the sudden discovery, and her face turned pale.

However, she was arrogant as she snorted coldly, "I'm from the Prince Jin's residence.

"Who asked you to bully my princess consort and princess? I am deliberately setting the fire.

"I'm one of the people from Prince Jin's residence, and it was the princess consort who asked me to set the fire. What can you do to me?"

Xiao Hanzheng had asked her to act arrogantly on purpose.

This was the only way to highlight how arrogant and despotic Prince Jin's princess consort and the ordinary princess usually were.

She snorted again. "You're lucky that you didn't burn to death."

These words made the people gasp in amazement. Wasn't Prince Jin's princess consort too crazy?

This maidservant was so arrogant even after being caught, it could be seen that her masters were even more unyielding.

And who bullied the princess consort?

She was the one who brought her people here to silence the old Madam.

Did she think that everyone was blind?

An old man who had retired from the battlefield with an injured leg and couldn't live within his means anymore, but was hired by Xiao Hanzheng to guard the gate, pointed at the maidservant angrily.

"You guys are too much. Even if you have a grudge, you can't burn down the houses and kill others!

"Mr Xiao's family is such a good family, how could you do that?"

Mr Xiao took in many retired soldiers who couldn't find a job, or who couldn't finance their daily needs.

Allowing them to work and earn an income to live on was their greatest blessing.

No matter what, they couldn't just watch Mr Xiao's family get killed.

The other people also began to criticize the maidservant.