Chapter 598: The Ge family's show was about to begin

Of course, Liang Mingwen wasn't willing to give up on the largest plot of land he owned.

"I don't think we need so much land to build a craftsmen academy, right?"

Shi Qingluo laughed. "Why wouldn't we need it? Our craftsmen academy has many courses. We also need to build a living area and a canteen.

"Then we'll set up an area to build a liberal arts college. We'll specifically recruit poor students who have no money to go to school but are talented or hardworking.

"That's why it's better to have a bigger land.

"Actually, we're not just asking you to donate the land. We'll also donate the money we win from your gambling den to build the craftsmen academy.

"Your land doesn't cost more than a million taels of silver. We're taking out even more."

Before they came, they had already discussed that they would donate the money they won from the bet to build the school.

They would also build a welfare center to take in orphans and elderly people.

When the time was right, the orphans would also be trained and schooled.

If they wanted to take the imperial examinations or become craftsmen, they could do so.

Whether it was in modern or ancient times, it was true that knowledge could change one's fate.

The corner of Liang Mingwen's mouth twitched. "The money that all of you are donating also came from me."

So, these fellows' hearts didn't ache, but his heart ached.

Shi Qingluo raised his brows. "You're running a gambling den, so of course you have to be prepared to lose money. This is the money we should be getting."

Liang Yulin looked at Liang Mingwen with a half-smile and said, "It's not that we're scheming against you. We only placed our bets because we wanted to take care of your business. Look, even your own father bet 50,000 taels on Qingluo."

Liang Mingwen was speechless.

Don't mention this, he wanted to vomit blood.

His father had not only bet 50,000 taels of silver on Shi Qingluo, but he had also requested that his personal attendant come and redeem the money from him the day before...

He really wanted to say that if he wanted to bet on Shi Qingluo winning, why didn't he bet on other gambling establishments and dig others a hole?

How was he any different from Prince Yi and the others?

His father occasionally liked to do things out of tune, which was hard to explain.

Seeing Liang Mingwen's despondent expression, Shi Qingluo chuckled in sympathy and said, "Think about it. We're not in a hurry anyway."

Prince Jin really knew how to play. He specialized in setting his son up.

"That's right," Liang Yulin added. "I'll be writing a memorial in a few days. You can consider it for a few more days."

Liang Mingwen was speechless.

These two people were too shameless.

He really couldn't laugh. "Then I really have to thank you for your magnanimity."

This was naturally a sarcastic remark.

Shi Qingluo accepted it graciously. "You're welcome. After all, we're good people."

Liang Mingwen was speechless. He wanted to vomit blood even more.

She could still push her shamelessness to new lows.