Chapter 405: Was a good opportunity

At first, Secondary Consort Hua wasn't expecting Shi Qingluo to really come up with an idea.

Hence, she was stunned when she heard Shi Qingluo's words.

"How do you improve the paper making process?" she asked curiously.

"By reducing the cost of making paper and also making paper with different quality and prices," Shi Qingluo replied.

"If your paper workshop can produce paper that is much cheaper, I believe that it will not be a problem to sell in the entire Daliang.

"And after the paper workshop expands, we can open more related workshops.

"For example, a workshop to make oil-paper umbrellas. Oil-paper umbrellas are very expensive now. A common man can't afford it at all. They all use straw capes and so on.

"When paper becomes cheap in the future, you can open a workshop to make oil-paper umbrellas. You can also make umbrellas with different selling prices.

"If the price of paper becomes cheaper, poor students or small families will be able to save a lot of money every year. They will even thank you, Secondary Consort Hua.

"Also, on subsequent rainy days, the passers-by on the streets of Northern City will all take out the oil-paper umbrellas and open them. It will be a beautiful scene.

"These umbrellas were all bought from your workshop. They will also thank Secondary Consort Hua. "

After Secondary Consort Hua heard Shi Qingluo's words, her originally calm heart could not help but stir.

Her highness had always wanted to win over scholars, and reducing the price of paper making was a good opportunity.

The paper in her workshop was cheaper than the ones outside, so there would naturally be more people buying it.

At the same time, she could make a lot of money.

There was also the oil-paper umbrella that Shi Qingluo had mentioned.

In the future, when it rained in Northern City, everyone would take out the oil-paper umbrella that she had made.

Just thinking about it gave her a sense of accomplishment.

Her eyes lit up as she looked at Shi Qingluo.

"No wonder they say that you're a golden doll.

"As expected, you can make money with just a random idea."

Shi Qingluo smiled. "You're too kind, Secondary Consort Hua. I'm only doing my master a favor."

"You know a lot of recipes?" Secondary Consort Hua asked again.

Shi Qingluo nodded. "Yeah, I know dozens of them.

"I've been eating in the restaurants in Northern City for the past few days, and I've felt that the dishes are too monotonous.

"If you can add some special dishes to your restaurant, I believe that your business will get better.

"When you've made a name for yourself in Northern City, you can train some chefs and open your restaurant in other cities or counties.

"Let more people taste different delicacies. Everyone will be grateful to you."

The dishes at the northern border were too monotonous, and there were only a few varieties.

In this era, there were very few cooking styles.

Food was basically boiled or stewed, and there were very few stir-fried vegetables.