Chapter 466: Didn't expect to really use it

He was unconscious just now, so he didn't feel anything.

Right now, Liang Yulin could smell the fresh fragrance from his lower body.

Even though the person carrying him wasn't tall, she was very determined and courageous.

Her body was fragrant and soft, and the tips of his ears couldn't help but turn red.

He had lived for so many years, but this was the first time he was so close to a woman.

In order not to feel awkward, he took the initiative to start a conversation. "Why are you guys here?"

Mother Xiao was actually a little embarrassed and awkward. She had never been alone with another man like this before.

Hearing Prince Yi's words, she replied, "My daughter and I came here to pick mushrooms. When we were about to go down the mountain, we found a field of berries to pick. Then we saw you, who was injured not far away.

"You're lucky that you were near the strawberry. Otherwise, we wouldn't have found you."

Liang Yulin chuckled. "Yeah, I think I'm lucky too."

If he hadn't met Mother Xiao and the rest, he definitely wouldn't have been able to escape those threats today.

However, he was actually a little surprised.

Liang Yujun had actually been so ruthless this time. Did he want to fall out with his royal brother right now?

As he thought about it, he chatted with Mother Xiao.

Mother Xiao also gradually relaxed.

The two walked for another half an hour.

Feeling that those people really didn't catch up, Mother Xiao put Prince Yi down and let him lean against a big tree.

"There should be a water source there, " she said to Prince Yi. "I'll go find some water for you.

"You must be hungry. I'll make something to eat."

Prince Yi nodded. "I'll have to trouble you."

Mother Xiao thought for a moment, then pulled out a dagger from her boot and handed it to Prince Yi. "Take this for self-defense."

This was what her daughter-in-law had taught her.

Everyone in their family had breathable shoes that were specially made for summer.

If they left the county, they would put the special dagger in their boots and take it out in case of danger.

The northern border was really full of danger.

Who knew whether they would be in danger when they went out that day?

Mother Xiao had an enigmatic trust in her daughter-in-law, so she had been doing it.

As long as she left the county, she would dress like this.

She didn't expect to really use it.

Seeing the dagger being handed over, Liang Yulin was stunned, clearly surprised.

His heart warmed.

He didn't expect that this woman, who had always looked timid, would choose to give him the dagger that could save her life.

He didn't take it. "It's safer for you to keep it."

"I still have another one. You can take this one," Mother Xiao said with a smile.