Chapter 409: She didn't fall into his trap at all

The next day, Shi Qingluo did not bring Xi Rong along and went to meet Secondary Consort Hua without her.

Shi Qingluo went to the private room with the maidservant, Qingqing.

Not only was Secondary Consort Hua already seated inside, but King Jin was also there.

There was also a young man and an old Taoist priest.

Shi Qingluo bowed. "Greetings, King Jin, Secondary Consort Hua!"

"Come and sit here, Mdm Shi," King Jin said with a smile.

Shi Qingluo walked over and sat opposite King Jin.

King Jin then introduced the old Taoist to Shi Qingluo, "This is the Taoist priest, Chang Qing.

"This is my son, Liang Mingyu." He then introduced the young man.

Shi Qingluo smiled at the two of them. "Hello, Taoist priest Chang Qing! Good day, prince!"

The old Taoist looked at Shi Qingluo and said with a smile, "I requested the royal highness that I wanted to meet you today, Mdm Shi."

He did not beat around the bush. "Did your master teach you any Tao techniques? "

Shi Qingluo shook his head apologetically. "My master did not teach me any Taoist techniques. He only taught me how to read and some recipes that can not be found outside."

She didn't know anything about mantras, so she didn't pretend to know.

The old Taoist priest was a little disappointed.

He had wanted to talk about Taoism with the disciple of the old immortal, Shi Qingluo, but who would have thought that she had not learned it?

"Then, did your master leave behind any books related to mantras?" he asked again.

Shi Qingluo thought for a moment. There were indeed some books on Taoist techniques in the wooden box that the old Taoist had left behind.

She had flipped through it before but didn't quite understand it.

Because it was something that Shengyuan cherished and she often made the old immortal take the blame, she didn't throw it away but kept it in her space.

"My master did leave behind such books, but I left them in Heyang County."

She naturally couldn't take it out now, or it wouldn't make any sense.

"If you want to see it, why don't I have someone send it to you after I return to Heyang County?"

She looked at the kind-looking old Taoist priest, who gave off a feeling similar to a sage.

It seemed like he really liked Tao techniques, so he might as well make the best use of those books.

The old Taoist was overjoyed. "I've been preparing to travel around recently. Why don't you let me know when you're leaving Northern City? I'll go to Heyang County with you."

Shi Qingluo did not reject him. "Sure!"

Judging from King Jin's expression, he seemed to respect this Taoist priest, which meant that this Taoist priest must have some ability.

It was not bad to have a good relationship with such a person.

"Many thanks!" the old Taoist said with a smile.

He knew that King Jin and Shi Qingluo had something to say to each other, but he did not want to get involved.

Hence, after making an appointment with Shi Qingluo to set off together for a few days, he took his leave first.