Chapter 408: She did it on purpose

Xiao Yuanshi realized that Shi Qingluo was too well-informed.

How did he know that Ge Chunru had accepted 50,000 taels of silver so quickly?

He didn't know if it was someone in the residence who leaked it or if Secondary Consort Hua had told her.

"I didn't accept it," he said frankly.

Shi Qingluo looked at him as if he was an idiot. "She's your woman. If she takes it, doesn't that mean you've taken it?

"Ex-father-in-law, I'm really curious. What will you choose now?"

Xiao Yuanshi thought, why do I suddenly feel like I've been led astray?

He was the one who asked Shi Qingluo to come and test her. He wanted to know what they were up to. Why did it become her asking him about his choice?

Xiao Yuanshi's face turned dark. "Of course I'm loyal to the emperor. "

Shi Qingluo didn't hide his gloating, "But you accepted his 50,000 taels. If you don't agree to King Jin's request, you won't be able to escape being a bribed man."

Xiao Yuanshi thought to himself, I shouldn't have called her over to piss myself off.

He didn't answer and went back to the original topic. "What about you guys? Judging from your current performance, you're going to board King Jin's ship?"

"Take a guess!" Shi Qingluo chuckled.

Xiao Yuanshi remained silent. Guess my ass.

Only now did he realize that his bad daughter-in-law was not only full of bad ideas, but was also a cheeky monkey spirit.

"Do you want us to go against King Jin?" Shi Qingluo suddenly asked.

Xiao Yuanshi was taken aback, clearly surprised by how Shi Qingluo had guessed it.

However, he immediately restrained himself. "It's none of my business whether you guys go against King Jin or not."

His face was full of sincerity. "I just wanted to remind you not to make the wrong choice and drag Zheng'er down. If that happens, the emperor will vent his anger out on him. That's all."

Shi Qingluo laughed. "I don't believe you would be so kind.

"Ex-father-in-law, don't you know what kind of person you are? I'm not a fool. Do you think I'll believe you?"

Xiao Yuanshi thought, this daughter-in-law of mine can really choke me to death.

He pretended to be calm. "It's up to you to believe it or not.

"If you want Zheng'er to prosper further, then you'd better keep your distance from king jin's residence."

He then acted as if he was doing it for their own good. "That's all I'm reminding you of. It's up to you if you want to listen or not."

"Thank you for your reminder and good intentions," Shi Qingluo chuckled.

Xiao Yuanshi heaved a sigh of relief, thinking that his bad daughter-in-law had finally listened to him.

Who knew that her next sentence would thoroughly anger him to death.

"But I just don't want to listen to you," Shi Qingluo said.

She spread out her hands. "If you said East, and I just want to go West. What can you do?

"After all, your image of paying a visit with no good intention like a weasel was deeply engraved in our hearts. "