Chapter 457: Dumbfounded

The chief and the others were shocked when they saw Dumby pulling out the potatoes so barbarically.

Each and every one of them felt heartache. What if this was torn?

The chief could not help but step forward. "Goose king, let us do the digging of potatoes. You are in charge of big things, so you can just monitor us from the side."

Don't pull it so forcefully.

Dumby felt that the old man was right. It was the king of geese and didn't need to do such menial work.

Hence, it raised its head and called out to the chief a few times, as if agreeing with his words.

Then, it took a few steps back and returned to Shi Qingluo's side.

It looked like it was asking for credit again.

"My goose is so amazing. You actually found so many potatoes." Shi Qingluo immediately took out a handful of goose food from her purse and fed it.

The villagers and the spies in the crowd had heard about how smart Dumby was and how it could understand human language.

However, some people were still skeptical that it could basically understand human language.

Now, seeing its response to the chief, everyone could see that Dumby could really understand.

Everyone was once again shocked and amazed.

The people in the county office puffed out their chests proudly.

The goose king was owned by their magistrate's wife's, and they were proud of it.

Shi Qingluo took a hoe from a bailiff and walked forward to dig out a pile of potatoes.

"A bunch of this can really grow a lot."

Following that, Shi Qingluo made another demonstration. "Everyone, help me dig the potatoes, just like how I did."

Those from the county government were all eager to try, and would wish to go up and dig right now.

The chief and the others twitched their lips. What were these people thinking? What would they do if they went and ruined it?

Therefore, the chief immediately went forward with the villagers. "Leave this to us. We're all farmers, and we're good at digging. We must be careful not to spoil the potatoes."

"Right, right. Otherwise, it would be such a pity if they were damaged."

Hearing their words, those from the county government seemed to have been doused with a basin of cold water.

That's right, they didn't usually dig, it wouldn't be good if they damaged it.

Hence, they could only bear the pain and give this important job to the chief and the villagers.

The chief had previously ordered people to carry hoes up, and they were being used now.

He took the lead and started to dig up the potatoes according to Shi Qingluo's instructions.

Shi Qingluo was also helping out. "Just put the potatoes that you've dug up into the basket. Once you're done digging them up, carry them down and weigh them."

Seeing that she only took the potatoes and put them into the basket, the villagers also learned to do it.

Someone pointed at the potato vine that had been thrown aside and asked, "Madam, can these be eaten?"

"We can bring this back to feed the pigs," Shi Qingluo said with a smile.

When the villagers heard this, they happily tied up the potato vines and prepared to bring them back for the pigs in their village to eat.