Chapter 554: You won't be able to handle the consequences

The carriage stopped in front of a small courtyard.

The second prince's personal attendant, who had personally escorted Ge Chunying, rode his horse to the carriage's window.

"Mdm Ge, we've arrived. You can get off."

Ever since Ge Chunying stopped resisting, the old woman no longer tied her hands and stuffed her mouth.

Hearing the personal attendant's statement, Ge Chunying was a little excited.

She was finally going to see her sister.

She quickly opened the carriage door and jumped down.

When she saw that it was just an ordinary alley, and that in front of the carriage was just a small courtyard, she was stunned.

She looked at the personal attendant in confusion. "Where are we?

"Didn't His Highness ask you to send me to where my sister is?"

The personal attendant smiled meaningfully. "This is your sister's house."

Ge Chunying frowned. "This doesn't seem like the deputy governor's office."

She heard that the deputy governor's position in the Northern City was not low.

How could their house be such an ordinary small courtyard?

The personal attendant sneered. "Of course this isn't the deputy governor's office, but it's your sister and brother's house."

He seemed to have suddenly thought of something. "I forgot to tell you something.

"Your sister was demoted to a concubine by the deputy governor last year.

"Then, she was discovered trying to kill his legitimate daughter in the manor and was immediately chased out by the deputy governor.

"She's living with your brother and his wife now."

Ge Chunying's eyes widened in disbelief. "What did you say? How is this possible?"

Xiao Yuanshi loved his sister so much, how could he demote his wife to a concubine and even drive her out?

She did not believe it.

The personal attendant pointed at the courtyard door. "If you don't believe me, you can go and knock on the door and see for yourself."

Ge Chunying saw that he didn't seem to be lying and couldn't help but feel nervous.

However, she still didn't quite believe it.

She hoped that the second prince's people had found out false information.

She took a deep breath and went to knock on the door.

Soon, a familiar voice came from inside. "Who is it?"

Ge Chunying took two steps back as if she had been hit. How could this be?

Her sister had actually fallen to the point of being driven out.

Then how could she use Xiao Yuanshi to establish a connection with Prince Jin's manor and take revenge on the second prince?

"Who is it?"

When a voice came out again, Ge Chunying came back to her senses. "Sister, it's me."

The excitement in her eyes had been replaced by disappointment, and she became listless because of the blow.

Soon, the door opened.

Ge Chunru, who was wearing a simple dress, opened the door and saw her younger sister standing outside.