Chapter 414: To be shocked once again

The northern border was very suitable for planting cotton. Cotton had already been imported from the Western Region.

Some manors planted cotton plants and then spun them into cotton for sale.

However, just as Xu Ziqin had said, because the price of cotton cloth was neither high nor low, the sales were very average.

However, if the price was lowered, the sales volume would definitely go up.

The soil and weather in the northern border had always been a great advantage for growing cotton.

It would be a pity to lose it.

She looked at King Jin and Xu Ziqin.

"After a large amount of cotton is produced, it can be made into cotton clothes and quilts. This will keep the residents warm in winter. They will not freeze to death again."

She didn't have a quilt yet.

She had never seen clothes made with cotton here yet.

Therefore, this was a gap in the market.

If they made good use of it, they would definitely make a profit.

The key was that the people would benefit.

King Jin felt that what he said made sense. "Can cotton clothes keep people warm?"

Shi Qingluo nodded her head. "Yes, the cotton-filled duvet is also very warm.

"Although it's not as light and comfortable as the silk blanket, it's definitely a good thing to keep warm in winter for the people."

Nowadays, poor people cover themselves with blankets made of sackcloth filled with hay, straw, reed flowers, and other things.

The rich and powerful usually covered themselves with animal fur or animal skin.

The more luxurious ones were silk quilts.

In this era, cotton was not popular yet, so no one used quilts.

She suggested, "Your Highness, you can get someone to make a cotton-padded coat or a quilt to try. You'll know how effective it is to keep warm then."

If there was a large cotton plant production, not only would more people be employed, but the cotton made could also be sold to every part of Daliang.

It would also be a cash cow.

This last point was what moved King Jin.

Previously, when Shi Qingluo arrived in Heyang County, she had wanted Xiao Hanzheng to promote cotton planting.

However, the power of a county magistrate was too limited, and the other counties would not listen to Xiao Hanzheng.

Therefore, the most suitable person to do this was King Jin.

As long as he was keen to promote the large-scale planting of cotton, this would be possible.

As expected, King Jin was tempted when he heard the phrase 'cash cow'.

He looked at Xu Ziqin. "What do you think, Ziqin? "

"If it's like what Mdm Shi said, I think it's feasible," Xu Ziqin said after a moment of deep thought.

He emphasized, "That's only if we increase cotton plantation and create machines to pick cotton seeds and spin cotton cloth."

Shi Qingluo was already prepared. She took out a few pieces of paper from the pouch on her back and handed them over.

"These are the things you need to pay attention to when growing cotton, as well as how to top it. As long as you plant according to these, the yield will definitely not be low.