Chapter 420: A big shot was indeed a big shot

Xiao Hanzheng knew Shi Qingluo very well, so he knew what she meant the moment she asked.

He nodded. "At that time, both his legs were disabled.

"The reason why this mountain with bandits was so valued and the higher-ups wanted to destroy it was because there was a noble family in Northern City who was on their way back to pay respects to their ancestors.

"But all the masters died.

"Later, I found out that that family was Yue Lu's family. The ones who died were his grandmother, father, stepmother, and the younger brother and sister that his stepmother gave birth to.

"Now it seems that he has been greatly affected by his family's misfortune. After his legs were broken, he became an outlaw for revenge."

Shi Qingluo nodded. "If that's the case, then it makes sense."

"Then why is he clinging to Xi Rong now?" she asked.

Xiao Hanzheng said as he kneaded the dough. "He should know Xi Rong's identity. On one hand, he wants to repay her kindness. On the other hand, he might want to use Xi Rong to take revenge on his family. "

Shi Qingluo agreed. "Then there shouldn't be any problems with his identity, right? "

Xiao Hanzheng thought for a moment. "It should be fine, but I can't be sure. After all, what I knew before has changed."

In his previous life, Xi Rong did not come to Northern City and his scumbag father was still in the capital.

He and his wife did not come to Heyang County either, so King Jin and the people from the previous dynasty did not have any ideas about them.

Now that everything had changed because of this, they still had to verify if Yue Lu was being incited to stay by Xi Rong's side.

Shi Qingluo nodded. "Yes, it's good to be careful."

There were still things to be investigated and they had to be guarded against.

"What are you going to do with Zhuo Zheng?" Xiao Hanzheng asked after some thought.

"I don't know why he's following us to Heyang County either, "Shi Qingluo replied. "I'm preparing to find something for him to do, and at the same time, I'm trying to find out what his motive is."

Xiao Hanzheng nodded. "That's a good idea. I think he might be here for the canned food and other workshops.

"I've found out that the people of the previous dynasty had close contact with the Ge royal family.

"The Ge kingdom is a tribe living in the grasslands. Be it canned meat, candles made of sheep oil, soap, or wool, everything is valuable to them.

"They don't lack sheep the most."

The Ge Kingdom was short of resources, so they often exchanged sheep for necessities with the people in Daliang.

However, if they only sold their sheeps, the price would not be high.

Therefore, if the people of the Ge Kingdom could learn these recipes and open a few large workshops, they would definitely make huge profits be it selling them in their own country or in Daliang country.

Shi Qingluo was taken aback. "You're saying that Zhuo Zheng's main purpose here is to steal the recipes for canned food and other things? "

Xiao Hanzheng nodded. "That's what I suspect. We haven't found the treasure of the previous dynasty, and it's being watched by many people. It won't be easy for them to get it.