Chapter 564: Then I'll use them as an example

Shi Qingluo's face was filled with shock.

"How could the former princess consort of Prince Jin with such a personality have made such a friend?" she voiced out what she was thinking.

Xiao Hanzheng replied, "Before Mdm Wu married, her biological father took in a concubine.

"He made that concubine hold equal status as his wife. So, she and her mother did not have a good life.

"The daughter of his other wife even wants to steal her engaged fiancé.

"At that time, Ruan Songling happened to run into her. Maybe she saw what happened to Mdm Wu and thought of her past self, so she helped.

"And she helped Mdm Wu marry into the Tu family smoothly.

"With the help of Ruan Songling, Mdm Wu won the favor of the young master of the Tu family, who was not the master of the family at that time yet.

"After giving birth to two sons in a row, Mdm Wu gained a firm foothold in the Tu family.

"Therefore, Mdm Wu and Ruan Songling are very close.

"After Ruan Songling was divorced by Prince Jin, the Tu family asked Mdm Wu to cut off all contact with Ruan Songling in order to protect themselves and not offend Prince Jin.

"However, she still helped Ruan Songling in private. Perhaps she wanted to return the favor."

Shi Qingluo nodded. "So there was such a thing."

"Then, does Mdm Wu treat her maternal family the same way Ruan Songling does?" she asked curiously.

"She used Ruan Songling to constantly suppress her family, but her father did not compromise," Xiao Hanzheng replied.

"Before Mdm Wu's husband became the master of the Tu family, the Tu family didn't participate in suppressing the Wu family.

"Actually, the situation of Mdm Wu and Ruan Songling's maternal family seems to be similar, but there is a reason why the Master Wu favors his concubine and forsakes his wife.

Xiao Hanzheng paused for a moment and continued, "The head of the Wu family and his wife have been engaged since they were young. They like each other.

"But Mdm Wu's mother took a fancy to Master Wu. At a banquet, she schemed to make Master Wu fall into the water with her.

"At that time, he saved Mdm Wu, who fell into the water, and the two of them also had intimate skin-to-skin contact.

"Mdm Wu's maternal family is also an aristocratic family. They wanted Master Wu to break off the engagement and marry their daughter, but he refused.

"In the end, Mdm Wu's maternal family came forward with all kinds of threats and promises, making Master Wu's father force him to marry Mdm Wu's mother.

"But he didn't touch her after he married her.

"She used another method to consummate the marriage with Master Wu and had Mdm Wu.

"Master Wu has been schemed against twice in a row, he's very angry.

"At the moment, the woman he likes is willing to be his concubine and marry into the Wu family, so he accepted her.

"Master Wu is very capable.

"He chased his father away and inherited the family head himself.

"He led the Wu family to develop better and better, surpassing Mdm Wu's maternal family. Then he helped the person he liked to hold a status equal to his wife.