Chapter 404: Let King Jin attract others' hatred and take the blame

When they reached the back garden, the senior maidservant arranged for Shi Qingluo and Xi Rong to sit at the front.

When the other madams and young ladies came in and saw it, they were all stunned.

The sitting arrangement in a flower banquet was still very particular.

The closer someone was to the main seat, the more it meant that the person's identity was not simple, or that the host valued the person very much.

No one had any objections to Xi Rong sitting in the front.

However, the wife of a county magistrate was sitting in front, which made some people a little uncomfortable.

However, no matter what they thought, no one raised any doubts.

King Jin was like a local emperor in the northern territory.

The more favored Secondary Consort Hua was almost equivalent to the more favored imperial consort in the harem.

Therefore, no one would be stupid enough to question and offend Secondary Consort Hua.

After about the time it took for an incense stick to burn, a luxuriously dressed woman walked in.

The madams and young ladies present all stood up and greeted her with a smile. "Greetings, Secondary Consort Hua!"

Shi Qingluo and Xi Rong followed the crowd and stood up to greet him.

Secondary Consort Hua smiled and asked everyone to sit down.

When she passed by some madams, she would stop and say a few words.

Shi Qingluo saw that Secondary Consort Hua's appearance was indeed quite similar to the empress'.

However, the two of them gave off completely different vibes.

The empress gave people a feeling of grace, luxury, and dignity.

Secondary Consort Hua's appearance was bright and exquisite, somewhat like Wang Xifeng in A Dream of Red Mansions, one of the four great classic Chinese novels.

Seeing that Secondary Consort Hua was getting along well with the other madams, Shi Qingluo felt that the reason why King Jin was so kind to her was not only because he wanted to make things difficult for the empress and the crown prince in the capital, but also because of Secondary Consort Hua's social skills.

After all, a madam's social skills were actually quite important.

Secondary Consort Hua walked up from behind and stopped when she reached where Shi Qingluo and the other woman were.

She looked at Xi Rong with a smile.

"Miss Marquis, it's an honor to have you at my flower banquet today!"

It was Xi Rong's first time meeting Secondary Consort Hua.

Because of Shi Qingluo's warning before she came, she did not lose her composure.

She had grown up in the palace, and the empress had treated her very well, almost as if she was her daughter.

Therefore, she felt a little uncomfortable when she faced Secondary Consort Hua, who looked like the empress.

She secretly scolded King Jin for being such a jerk.

"You're too kind, Secondary Consort Hua," she said with a faint smile.

Secondary Consort Hua did not care about Xi Rong's attitude.

She had always known that she looked like the empress and Xi Rong was raised by the empress dowager and the empress.