Chapter 458: She was the petty one

Shi Qingluo had roughly calculated how many catties would be produced before she came, so she had asked Xiao Hanzheng to bring a lot of sacks along.

Then, they put the potatoes into sacks and the county government's people loaded them onto the carriage.

The chief and the villagers all stared at the carriage as if they were looking at some beauty.

Shi Qingluo laughed at the sight. "We are going to the capital to present these potatoes to the emperor. Then, we will ask for his permission to leave some behind in Heyang County for planting.

"When the time comes, we'll try to give each village some of the crops, so your village will have a chance too.

"I have more corn seeds this year." she added after some thought. "So, every village will be able to plant some corn.

The emperor gave her the ownership of all the corn planted at the Taoist temple in Nanxi County this year.

She had also planted many of them in her manor in the capital.

However, they were all planted in spring, so they would only be harvested two months later.

The previous arrangement was that the chief and the others from Nanxi County would help to send it to the capital.

Then, when the people from the capital came to Heyang County, they would bring it back.

She was going to plant corn, potatoes, and chili in Heyang County.

When the chief and the others heard her words, they were all extremely excited.

"On behalf of everyone in the village, thank you Madam."

The chief even wanted to kneel down to thank him but was stopped by Shi Qingluo.

Shi Qingluo smiled, "My husband is the magistrate of Heyang County. It is only right for him to serve the people. You're welcome.

Even though she said that, everyone was still very grateful.

Especially when compared to the previous two county magistrates, they felt that they were better.

Because of this, Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo had a good reputation in Heyang County and were highly respected by the people.

It was getting late.

Xiao Hanzheng said goodbye to the chief and returned to the city with a group of people pulling the potatoes.

The chief and the villagers saw them off at the entrance of the village and only returned to the village after seeing them leave.

If they could really grow high-yield crops like potatoes and corn, they would not have to go hungry in the future.

Madam was a little fairy, sent by the old immortal to save everyone from the fire and water.

The goose King was the guardian pet of the entire Heyang County.

In the hearts of the villagers, Shi Qingluo and Dumby's status had risen to a very high level.

The news of the high-yield crops had already spread throughout the county.

When Xiao Hanzheng and the others returned, many people were waiting at the entrance of the county office to join in the fun.

When they got off the carriage, someone immediately looked at Xiao Hanzheng and his wife and asked, "Mr Xiao, Madam, I heard that you've found high-yield crops, is that true?"

"I heard that it was Dumby who found it," the person next to him said with a smile.

Xiao Hanzheng smiled and nodded at everyone. "Yes, Dummy accidentally found a plant called potato in the mountains.