Chapter 422: I hope you can still smile in the future

Of course, Zhuo Zheng wanted all the workshops to do the same work.

But he definitely couldn't say this out loud.

"The canned food workshop then, " he said after some thought. "I'm quite curious about what canned food is."

Candles, soap, and scented soap were all available outside, but no one knew what canned food was.

When he learned how to make canned food, he could find an excuse to change to another workshop.

Shi Qingluo wasn't surprised by his choice.

"Alright, we can start working on the canned food in a few days when the preparations are complete. You can work with us."

Zhuo Zheng smiled shyly, "Thank you, sister. You're the best. "

Shi Qingluo thought to herself, I hope you can still smile in the future.

Zhuo Zheng's eyes were filled with anticipation as he looked at her and asked, "Then can I move to your guest courtyard?"

The guest courtyard was just next to the main courtyard.

He could still take a look and see if he could find an opportunity to go to the main courtyard and find something useful.

Shi Qingluo shook his head apologetically. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

Zhuo Zheng didn't expect her to reject him. "Why not? "

"Because if you want to work in the workshop, you're naturally not considered our guest," Shi Qingluo replied.

"If you live in the guest courtyard and work in the workshop, there will definitely be gossip about you, saying that you got in through the back door or something. It's so unpleasant!"

Zhuo Zheng remained silent.

He forced a smile and said, "It's okay. I'm not afraid of gossip. Let them talk about it if they want to."

He wasn't going to stay with those people for long anyway.

Shi Qingluo chuckled. "You're not afraid, but I am!"

Seeing that Zhuo Zheng was a little confused, she explained, "Because this is a workshop built by the county government. If someone says that you used the back door, they will say that my husband is unfair.

"In order not to affect his reputation, you can't stay in the guest courtyard."

Zhuo Zheng uttered under his breath, so she was thinking so much.

She pretended to be concerned for Zhuo Zheng and said, "Actually, you've been out for more than ten days. Your mother might be anxious. Why don't I get someone to send you back to Northern City?"

Zhuo Zheng immediately shook his head, "No, I don't want to go back so soon after this trip."

He put on a pitiful expression again. "If I don't stay in the guest house, where should I stay? I don't have any money right now."

"The workshop has also built a dormitory for those who work overtime or those who come from far away," Shi Qingluo said matter-of-factly.

"You can move in today."

Since he wanted to work, she would fulfill his wish.

However, he could forget about any special treatment.

Moreover, she was sure that Zhuo Zheng wouldn't be able to find any reason to refute her.

As expected, even though Zhuo Zheng wanted to stay in the guest house, since Shi Qingluo had already said so, he could not turn it down.