Episode 42: broken bonds

-about a month later-

Joshs ship ports along side the docks in verondal as josh and Natalie steps off of the ship "ah warm air!!" Natalie said with excitement Zero and sky walk over to josh and Natalie "welcome back home you two" sky said and smiled "you look like you've done something new kiddo" zero asked as Natalie nods "I've trained under queen lagertha as a shield maiden so I know how to fight now but she wants me to go back in a few months to finish training" she said with a bright smile "ah I'm proud of you" zero said and hugged Natalie "Derrick back yet? He seemed upset when he left a year ago" josh asked "well uh about that" sky said "what?" Josh asked.

-an hour in the town hall-

"Wait so let me get this straight the Viking goddess of death hel her self has risen?" Josh asked confused "yes and her and Derrick attacked two villages on our border killed every villager who lived in the villages" sky said as josh takes a seat taking all this information in "I knew there was something dark in him but I didn't think he would go this far" josh said sighing "RJ didn't want this to happen he tried his best to keep Derrick on the good side but it seems like Derrick was far too corrupt to be good" josh stood back up "on that case
I'm going to face him myself" josh said.

-halindal-

"Is the army prepared for the attack on verondal?" Derrick asked "yes sir it is but we are also still waiting on a shipment of weapons from the ogres" the soldier said "ok keep an eye out those ogres are good at back stabbing" Derrick said as josh blows the front doors down to Derrick throne room "ah the favorite student finally came back to bow to me" Derrick said looking at josh "no I'm here to bring you back to verondal to fix your shit" josh said "oh? No I'll bring you back to verondal for a public execution before I wipe all of them out" Derrick said standing up "let us take care of him boss" the guards said "no he's mine" Derrick demands.