How You Get the Girl (Jamie Follese)

"Go, go, go," you murmured to yourself, watching the ball roll from player to player as they raced down the field. "Yes!" you said softly, smiling when the ball went into the net in favor of your team.

You were sitting in the bleachers on the soccer field at your high school. Your school's team was playing their first game of the year and you were there to support your best friend Chelsea's brother. The game was getting pretty intense – the score being tied for most of the first half. All eyes were on #4 as he stole the ball from the opposing team and dribbled it between his feet back down the field.

"Yeah, Jamie!" the man sitting next to you suddenly shouted when the player scored, startling you. He felt you jump and immediately turned to you. "I am so sorry," he spoke at a normal volume this time, "I didn't mean to burst your eardrum."

"Eh, who needs to hear anyway?" you joked, "So are you related to Jamie or are you like, his biggest fan?"

"Both," he laughed, "He's my little brother. I'm Ryan."

"Y/N," you smiled. He had a look of surprise on his face.

"Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Yes..." you tilted your head. Ryan's eyes widened slightly.

"That makes me sound like a creep, doesn't it? I just mean I recognize the name. You're in Jamie's sociology class, right?"

"I'd like to say this is getting less weird, but it's really not," you laughed nervously.

"Sorry. It's just that Jamie talks about you sometimes."

"He does?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "Don't tell him I told you that though. He'd send his cleat right through my stomach."

"Well, we wouldn't want that," you giggled.

~

"So do you come to all the games?" Ryan turned to you once again when halftime was called.

You nodded, "My best friend's twin brother has been #11 since we were freshman, so she always made me come with her to keep her occupied."

"Where is she now?" he asked when he looked around you and noticed no one was sitting there.

"Probably making out with her boyfriend in the parking lot," you rolled your eyes, "It happens every time."

"If she's never even out here to watch the game, why do you bother coming?"

"Tyler likes when I tag along, so I figured I might as well."

"So are you and him like..." You scrunched your face up at the question, making him laugh.

"God, no," you stated, "I love him, but he's more of the annoying brother type. Plus, who else is gonna take him home when his sister goes with her boyfriend?"

"I guess so," he chuckled.

~

After the game ended in a win for your school, you and Ryan giddily hurried down to the field to find Jamie and Tyler. You found Jamie almost immediately and his eyes widened as you walked up.

"Jamicles!" Ryan beamed, ruffling his brother's hair.

"Ryan," he groaned, turning a light shade of red. Ryan looked at you and winked, making you laugh lightly.

"Good game, Jamie," you smiled at him, "You were amazing as always."

He blushed again, "You come to the games?" Before you could nod, you were interrupted by your name being shouted.