Break My Heart (Ashton Irwin) - Part 1

i realize that i just posted an ashton thing before this but u know what someone wanted more uni ashton and this is good enough for me

the fact that i didnt proofread shouldnt be surprising anymore

how many clichés can i shove into one imagine??? let's find out

~

You found yourself at another Friday night frat party on campus, sitting on the couch and just watching everyone hang out. You were talking every now and then, but you weren't adding much to the conversation, getting lost inside your own little world. There were a fair amount of people in the living room, all of them sitting wherever they could find room – girls sitting on their boyfriends' laps, people sitting on the floor, and everywhere in between.

Your best friend had invited you and since your entire sorority was going anyway, you decided to go as well so you weren't just home alone. Ashton was sitting across the room – he would have sat with you, but there was no available space to do so since another close friend – Calum, who was also a member of the frat – was sitting on the armrest and one of your sisters were sitting on the other side of you.

At some point in the night, someone suggested everyone play truth or dare. You simply just stayed where you were, not really paying any mind to the game. Until you were dragged into it.

​"Y/N!" you heard one of the boys exclaim, bringing you out of your daydream. You cocked an eyebrow as he went on, "Truth or dare?"

"I'm not playing, Nicky," you reminded him, a bit confused as to why he was dragging you into this when he knew you had said you didn't want to be part of it.

"You're in the room," he stated obnoxiously, "So you have to play at least one round!" When you didn't speak again, someone else did.

"Give her a truth," Calum shrugged, "A safety question."

"Alright," Nick tapped on his chin, making you roll your eyes, "There are a lot of guys living here and since you visit so much, you're statically bound to be secretly in love with one of us... So who is it?"

"I bet it's me!" another boy piped up.

"I've had your cooking, Grey," you replied without hesitation, "It's not you."

"Y/N!" Greyson pouted, placing his hand over his heart and making you laugh.

"It has to be me then!" Hunter smirked, "I'm an amazing cook!"

"You're lucky you know how to make a bowl of cereal," you said, "You're not Gordon Ramsay."

"Y/N," he pouted as well, "Why must you bruise my ego like this?"

"You guys wanted the truth," you reminded them with a giggle.

"Well... You spend a lot of time with Ashton when you're here..." Greyson mentioned, "Is it him?" When you paused, their eyes widened in delight.

"It is?!" they shouted in unison before Hunter went on, "It's Ash, isn't it?! You're in love with Ash, aren't you?!"

You looked at Ashton in a panic, but he wasn't even glancing in your direction. You didn't know why he wasn't trying to get them to stop, but you knew you had to leave before the teasing got any worse.

"I'm going outside," you mumbled so lowly that you knew they couldn't hear you over their excited shouts.

Of course, they were right; You'd been in love with Ashton since what you could only conclude was the moment you met him – as cliché as that was, it was true. You shared an Economics class freshman year and you had been best friends ever since the day he noticed you looked incredibly tired, so the next morning, he bought an extra coffee for you on his way to class. You could never pinpoint the exact moment you fell in love with him – all you knew was that you'd never tell a soul.