Lucky Enough (Michael Clifford)

Michael's POV

Michael came back into BuzzFeed for a follow-up interview after the video he'd shot the previous day. Miranda, the person who had organized the video, had him sit down in front of the camera, beginning with questions like 'How did you feel after yesterday?' and things of that nature before they got to the real reason he was brought back.

"We have something to show you, Michael," Miranda informed him. He simply nodded, letting her continue. "The mirror you were standing in front of was actually a two-way mirror and we had a few strangers tell us what they saw when they looked at you." Michael's heart skipped a beat, instantly preparing himself for the worst.

Miranda put a laptop on his lap and hit play. He listened intently to all the nice things the people were saying with a small smile and light blush.

"Y/N," the sound of Miranda's voice played back through the speakers, "Are you going to say anything?"

"Hmm?" you hummed, "Oh-" You blushed lightly, realizing you'd been staring at the boy on the other side of the mirror. "-I guess the first thing I notice is that it's pretty obvious he doesn't like the way he looks. He's very critical and hard on himself when he doesn't need to be at all." There was a small pause and he noticed you furrow your eyebrows. "I don't see why he's holding his stomach like that," you frowned, "He's got a really great figure. His eyes are really pretty too. Even as far away as we are, they're the most mesmerizing things I've ever seen, to be honest. Whoever gets to wake up next to him every day..." you trailed off, nodding your head slowly, "They're definitely lucky."

Michael's heart was racing as he watched you, 95% sure he was already developing a crush on you. He had listened to everything you said – which felt impossible next to the pounding of his heart – but the thing that stuck out the most wasn't the way you were looking at him, it was the last comment you made.

"Whoever gets to wake up next to him every day... They're definitely lucky."

Never in his life did Michael think anyone would consider themselves or someone else to be lucky enough to wake up next to him; He never felt like he deserved anyone that would feel that way about him. But the way you were looking at him...

He had his doubts as he listened to the other people talk about him – thinking there was no way this wasn't some sort of staged thing – but the look you had was one he knew someone couldn't fake. You genuinely thought all of things you were saying and that made Michael that much more nervous. He didn't know whether or not he should ask if there was a way to contact you after this, and even if there was, he didn't know if he'd be brave enough to follow through with it.

After a few more questions, filming was finally over and Michael was given the okay to leave. He lingered in the chair for a moment, staring at his hands.

As everyone else was cleaning up, Miranda approached him.

"Hey, Michael," she said carefully, "Are you okay?"

"They really couldn't hear what I was saying about myself?" he asked her, looking up.

"No," she smiled slightly, "I told you, Michael – they had no idea."

"What about that Y/N girl?"

"What about her?"

"Am I... Am I allowed to know anything about her? L-Like a number or something?" She smiled again.

"I'm really sorry, but I can't give you her number," she said, "Tell you what though: I'll call her and see if she's available and if she is, I'll tell her to go to the café down the street so you can meet her there, okay?" Michael's eyes widened. "But I don't think I'm allowed to be doing this either, so you can't tell anyone."