Morning Company (Zack Merrick)

i don't know who requested this (obviously bc they were anon on tumblr) so i couldn't ask them but i hope a lil blurb is fine and u all still like it!!!

~

It was yet another below-freezing day in winter, a fresh blanket of snow covering everything outside. You had woken up early that morning – much to your dismay since it was your day off work – and were now just sitting on the living room couch, reading a book your friend recommended and sipping on your coffee every couple page turns. You didn't have any plans that day – luckily for you, as you weren't particularly keen on the idea of stepping outside in these temperatures.

You heard a door open at the end of the hallway, letting you know that your fiancé had finally gotten out of bed. He groaned softly, making you smile to yourself, as he rubbed his eyes and allowed them to adjust to the light.

He immediately went into the kitchen, grabbing a mug from the cabinet and pouring his own cup of coffee before shuffling back into the direction of the living room. You didn't look up when you heard him enter, instead turning the page of your book as he sat down on the couch beside you.

"Morning, beautiful," Zack murmured, pressing a kiss to your exposed shoulder before laying his head on it. You smiled again, turning away from your book long enough to return the greeting by kissing the top of his head.

It was silent for a while after that aside from the occasional page turn or sip of coffee – neither you nor Zack speaking as you just simply enjoyed each other's company. However, your mornings weren't as quiet as they usually were with Zack's bandmate and his wife staying with you while the heating at their own place was being fixed, but you did still enjoy being with them – no matter how much Alex teased you two.

"Look how cute," Alex sighed dramatically, making you laugh as you and Zack looked over at him. He was holding two cups of coffee, clearly making a pit stop on his way back down the hallway.

"The same could be said about you and Lisa too, you know," you poked fun right back at him, "Bringing coffee to her this morning, are we?" Alex responded by flipping you off as best as he could with a mug in his hand, making you laugh again. "You started it, Lex!" you reminded him.

"And I'll finish it while you two just lie around being disgustingly adorable too," he stated with a smile.

"Go away, Alex," Zack told his best friend, "You have your wife to be sappy with and I have mine."

"You're not married!" Alex reminded him, sauntering back toward the guest room.

"Yet," your fiancé grumbled to himself into your shoulder, making you giggle again.