Still Into You (Luke Hemmings)

i really wasn't planning on posting a luke thing today since i already posted one on sunday, but this was requested and i finished it (in record time btw considering it's like 3500 words) so i figured i might as well post it anyway. so happy luke week apparently *party popper emoji*

~

"Calum!" you laughed loudly, chasing after him, "Give it back!"

"It's my hat!" he chuckled defensively as he stopped running so you could catch up to him. Once you reached him though, he placed the hat backwards on your head, throwing his arm around your shoulders and kissing your forehead. "You're lucky you look cute in it," he commented.

"Whatever," you giggled, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"Come on, princess," Calum started leading you back down the sidewalk, moving his arm off of you so he could hold your hand, "Ash gets upset when one of us is late to practice." The smile on your face faded slightly.

"Are you sure they'll like me?" you asked, tilting your head up.

"They'll love you, Y/N," he assured you, squeezing your hand lightly, "Scout's honor."

"You've never been a scout in your life," you giggled again, shoving him playfully.

A few minutes later, you stepped onto Ashton's front porch and Calum knocked on the door. When it opened, a woman smiled brightly.

"Hey, Cal!" she beamed, "This must be your girlfriend?"

"Hi, Anne," he smiled back, "Yup, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Anne, Ashton's mum."

"Hello, dear, it's nice to meet you," she told you, making you smile as well. "The boys are in the basement waiting for you two."

"Mike's already here?" Calum asked.

"I know," she shook her head, "I was surprised too." You laughed softly – from what Calum had told you, Michael was usually always late to practice – as your boyfriend led you downstairs. Calum was excitedly pulling you behind him, beaming as his best friends came into view.

"Hey, guys!" Calum chirped, "This is my girlfriend-"

"Y/N?" you heard the familiarly deep voice say your name, making your head snap up and your eyes widen.

"Luke..." you said softly.

"You guys have met?" Calum tilted his head.

"Briefly," Luke swallowed in response, but that wasn't exactly true.

Flashback

When you were in high school, you and Luke dated for the entirety of your junior year and nearly all of your senior year until you broke up just two weeks before graduation. He had been the one to end it, claiming that he just simply didn't feel anything for you anymore. You were obviously heartbroken and spent the three months after the breakup crying into your pillow from the second you woke up in the morning to the second you fell asleep at night.

It wasn't until your mother convinced you to go to the mall with her, wanting you to get out of the house for something that wasn't school, that you met Calum. You were in FYE, trying to get something from a shelf that was just out of reach, when you noticed a tattooed arm coming in from your peripheral vision. The unknown man grabbed what you had been reaching for and held it to you.

"Looked like you needed some help," he chuckled as you turned to look up at him. Your heart skipped a beat and you swallowed thickly at how attractive he was. He smiled at you, "I'm Calum."