Figure Me Out (Ashton Irwin)

how fuckin wild would it be if ppl read more than just the 5sos things lmao

~

Ashton's POV

"Look at this," Ashton heard Calum sigh dramatically, making him look up from his laptop, "Ash is watching Y/N's newest video."

"Shut up, Cal," Ashton rolled his eyes, shoving the phone Calum was holding in front of his face away. Calum obviously didn't, continuing his teasing.

"He excused himself from dinner the moment he got the notification that she uploaded," he snickered.

"Yes, I did," Ashton stated confidently, "Now can you leave so I can watch it, please?" Calum smirked victoriously, leaving the room.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say Ash was in love with that girl," he heard his best friend say before everything went quiet once again.

Ashton sighed to himself, knowing he was about to be hit with a barrage of tweets about the video. But he simply shook it off and restarted your video, wanting to catch the parts he'd missed.

You were sitting in front of the camera, silent for a few seconds. The look on your face was anything but the cheerful YouTuber that everyone was so used to seeing. And even though Ashton didn't know you personally, he was concerned about you.

The title of your video – something i need to get off my chest – certainly didn't sound like a happy one, but you rarely ever posted something that wasn't fun or entertaining.

"Hey, guys," you forced a smile, "As I'm sure you can tell by the title, this isn't going to be a very happy video. I'm not gonna prolong anything; I'm just gonna get straight to the point. And as much as it sucks that I have to do this, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be taking a break from making videos for a while. I don't want anyone to think that I'm quitting YouTube – that's not what I'm doing at all – I just need some time to work on figuring me out. I think that when you watch someone's videos, you tend to think like, their life is great and they have no problems at all, when in reality, you only see a few minutes of that person's day and it's usually very edited. And I am by no means saying that I have such big problems and that they matter so much more than everyone else's because that will never be the case, but... I've been doing this for so long now that I think it's just finally catching up with me, you know? So... Yeah. I'm sorry if this upsets you in some way, but I need to think about me for a while and do what's best for me. As you all know, I'll be at the 5 Seconds of Summer concert on Friday night, so I'll vlog it and upload that video Saturday or Sunday, but I won't be posting any videos after this weekend. Please just remember that I love you all so, so, so, so much and I really do mean that. I would be nowhere without the people who watch the nonsense I post on this channel, and nothing I could ever do will be able to thank you all enough for everything you've done for me." You ended your video with your signature of blowing a kiss to the camera and then your end slate came up, leaving Ashton in silence.

He by no means thought that you had a perfect life – he knew everyone was dealing with something – but to hear you actually say it was completely different. You seemed so sad that you were taking a break, even though you were taking it for you and making you happier.

That was the moment he knew he had to meet you at the show. He had to find you and tell you how much you brightened his day when he couldn't do it for himself. He needed you to know that what you were doing and the content you were putting out into the world wasn't getting lost in the mainstream or being overlooked in favor of bigger YouTubers. You needed to know that you made people happy and you made people forget about their own problems, even if it was just for four or five minutes a week.