Right Now (Calum Hood)

sorry if it says ashton when it should say calum at some point. i changed from one to other when i finished writing it lmao

Trigger warnings: Mentions of depression

~

Calum...
I think... Maybe... We should see other people...

You hit send before you really thought about what you were telling your boyfriend.

It was 4:19am and you'd spent the better part of the last four hours in another depressive episode. You were beating yourself up over it, no doubt – you'd been doing so well for the past six months since Calum had left for tour, but it was back and it was hitting you harder than ever.

Calum was usually the one to help you pull yourself out of it – he would always insist on running a bath for you with your favorite bubble bath while he spent that time in the kitchen making your favorite food. Calum knew that you hated when people had to take care of you – watching you closely to make sure you didn't do anything to yourself – but he also knew he loved you too much to lose you, especially like that.

You weren't expecting Calum to answer, to be honest. You couldn't remember exactly where in the world he was, but you figured at past 4 in the morning... There was no way he'd be awake or not busy enough to stop and check his phone.

But he did. And you immediately felt guilty when you read his reply.

You're not breaking up with me with a text, Y/N
You know very well that I'm not going to let you do that
Just tell me what's wrong and I'll fix it

You can't fix it this time, Calum

Not if you don't tell me

You sighed – you knew Calum wouldn't like that you'd told him you wanted to break up, but you didn't think he'd fight you this hard about it.

You're not home
You're never home

I don't control our tour schedule, Y/N. You know that

But you're not home when I need you

Why do you need me?
Why can't you call me?

You know I don't like people hearing me cry

Why are you crying?

You didn't answer for a couple minutes, still trying to calm yourself down, so Calum started typing again.

Please talk to me, princess

You didn't respond right away again, but it was like you not answering him was what Calum needed to realize what was happening.

It's one of the bad days, isn't it?

You couldn't help but laugh dryly at the message – you should have known he would figure it out. You wiped your face before typing a simple response.

The worst...

I'm booking a flight right now
I'm coming home

Your heart skipped a beat when you read the messages. You hadn't expected Calum to just drop everything and leave in the middle of a tour just to help you through your depression coming back, but he was.

You don't have to do this
I'll be fine by myself

Princess, I'm not about to sit here and let you keep feeling like this
Not when I know you need me there
You wouldn't have sent me a breakup text if you didn't need me