Lemonade Mouth (Calum Hood) - Part 4

One week later; Rising Star

You showed up at the place the competition was being held, nervously looking for any of your bandmates and praying the first one you found wouldn't be Calum. You hadn't spoken to him at all since your fight, not even glancing at him when you felt him staring at you in class or at band practice. You obviously didn't mean what you said about not doing Rising Star – you were there, after all – but you really hoped you could push your thoughts of Calum far back into your mind and just perform the way you normally did.

"Y/N!" Michael cheered when you appeared backstage, finding three of your bandmates standing around and waiting to go on.

"Hey, guys," you smiled at them, happily hugging them back when they hugged you.

"We thought you were gonna get nervous and not show up," Ashton teased.

"Hey, I'm getting better!" you pouted, earning yourself a laugh from them, "I am gonna go to the bathroom though. Do you guys know where it is?"

"Yeah!" Michael chirped, "I'll show you!"

You spent a few minutes in the bathroom – actually using it this time and not just hiding out – before coming back out. You started heading back to where the boys were, but you never got that far – you only made it to the end of the hallway.

"Y/N," you heard behind you, causing you to stop and look over your shoulder. You found Calum eyeing you bashfully, his fingers in front of his stomach as he played with them. "Do you have a minute?" he asked – his voice low and timid.

"I have a show to get ready for," you answered dryly, "Maybe later." You turned back and started walking again, but you heard Calum huff sharply in response to your statement.

"I'm sorry!" he said abruptly, making you freeze. You were completely convinced you hadn't heard him right, but while you were standing still, Calum quickly took action.

You heard him let out another breath and then his footsteps come up from behind. He was in front of you in the next second, holding your cheeks so you couldn't look away from him.

"I'm sorry..." he repeated, a little softer this time, "I know I'm a hard-head and I spend too much time whining about things I should be thankful for and I don't think about how it makes the people around me feel... I know, okay? And I'm sorry. I'm sorry I complain about me too much and never realizing that you have your own problems and... I'm sorry I've been so focused on myself that I haven't been there for you, Y/N – I am... And I don't want... I can't lose you..."

You stared up at Calum for a moment – the school's big, bad, leather-clad royalty that everyone was terrified of, was standing in front of you, holding you as if you were some expensive piece of fine art, and telling you that he couldn't bear the thought of living a life without you in it.

And it made your heart race.

But if Calum was expecting you to simply accept the apology and go back to the way things used to be, he was certainly surprised to get what he got instead.

Without warning, you grabbed the edges of his leather jacket just below his collarbones and pulled his body to yours, your lips crashing into his. You felt him let out a deep breath, his hands sliding off of your face and down your sides until they came to a stop on your hips, bringing you even closer.

"Hey, guys," you heard Michael's voice off to the side – you figured he must have come to look for you since you'd been gone for so long, "Whenever you two are done making out, the competition is starting." He walked away as you and Calum pulled back, both of you smiling shyly at each other.