The Baker's Assistant (Alex Gaskarth) - Part 1

my partner in crime's birthday was friday so i decided to post this for her today since she doesn't really like 5sos

but wednesday will be a soulmate michael au so look forward to that fam!!!

~

Walking around the town square of your kingdom, you'd think that the business of the place would detour thieves and kidnappers. Obviously, that wasn't the situation you found yourself in. You were currently being taken to God-knows-where by God-knows-who – his arm tightly holding onto your wrist, sure to leave a pretty decent bruise.

You were panicking, no doubt, too scared to even call out for help – of course, the man's 'don't scream or I'll do much worse' order certainly wasn't taken lightheartedly either. You were heading toward the alleyway, running out of time, when you heard a voice behind you.

"Your Highness!" another male said, making both you and your kidnapper turn around. "I'm very sorry to cut your time outside the castle short, but your father has requested that you come back immediately."

Now, you knew you'd seen this person before, and you knew he didn't work for the castle. His eyes seemed to flick between yours and the hand around your wrist, and it was then that you knew exactly what he was doing.

"Of course," you nodded, trying to pull your grip away from the man. Unfortunately, his hold only tightened, making your face scrunch up in pain.

"You work for the castle?" he raised his eyebrows at the boy.

"I do apologize for any inconvenience," he said, not directly answering the question, "But Princess Y/N really must be getting back."

"Let me see some ID." The boy paused and you stepped in the moment you realized who he was.

"I don't think that will be necessary," you said, "Right, Alex?" His eyes widened slightly before he nodded.

"Of course not, Princess," he smiled at you, making your heart race.

He held his hand out to you, letting you place your own in his. You stepped away from the man, but he still wouldn't let up. Alex's eyes narrowed and he took a step toward him.

"I am not going to tell you again, sir," he growled lowly, "Now you can either release her, or I can arrest you for attempted kidnapping of the Princess."

The man snarled under his breath, but finally let go of your wrist. You sighed in relief as Alex quickly whisked you back toward the castle, making sure not to let your hand slip out of his.

As you approached the front gates, the guard standing there was about to stop you, but you rushed the words out of your mouth, knowing the man was still watching and you didn't want to make it seem like Alex couldn't get through.

"He's fine, Justin," you said once the guard was within earshot, "There's a man watching us from the alley near the bakery-" Justin subtly looked over and found exactly who you were talking about. "-and I just need him to think that Alex is a guard for reasons I'm sure you'll hear about within the next hour, so please let us in." He quickly opened the gate just as you approached.

"Is everything okay, Your Highness?" Justin asked as you passed him. You made a few noises of indifference, making Alex chuckle softly as you pulled him up the steps.

The moment you were inside the castle and the door shut behind you, you spun around. You threw your arms around Alex's neck and hugged him as tightly as you'd ever hugged anyone before. Your heart was racing – both from the experience you just had and feeling Alex smile against the skin on your neck as he hugged you back.