In An Instant (Ashton Irwin) - Part 2

if you haven't read part 1, it's in my first imagines book! it doesn't carry on into this one though, so you don't have to read part 1 to understand part 2 :)

my best friend in the whole world ​catelyn's birthday is tomorrow and this is what i decided to post!!!!!!!!!

~

It was a normal day in the NCIS building – everyone was working upstairs and you were helping out a few co-workers with forensics stuff they needed to get done. You had just finished helping someone and decided to take a break, heading to the break room to get something to snack on.

You were halfway through your bag of chips when you heard loud footsteps quickly approaching the room. You cocked an eyebrow as Ashton appeared in the doorway, noting the upset look on his face.

"There you are!" he exclaimed, coming over to you. He grabbed your hand and pulled you up suddenly. You yelped as you pushed in your chair, snatched the bag off the table, and tossed it into the trash can, all while Ashton was dragging you out of the room.

"If you need me back in my lab for a case, you could have just called my cell, Ash," you said, struggling a bit to keep up with him.

Ashton didn't respond; He simply kept pulling you to the elevator. He hit the arrow pointing up, making you furrow your eyebrows. When you got in, he pushed the button for the next floor up – the second story – and you were officially confused.

"Ash, I know you know my lab isn't on the second floor," you stated.

"We're not going to your lab," he replied plainly, beginning to tug you along again when the doors opened.

"Then where are you taking me?" you asked.

"Interrogation."

"Okay..." you trailed off, "Why...?"

"You need to talk to someone."

"I don't do interrogations, Ash, why do I-" You cut yourself off the moment Ashton opened the interrogation room door and you saw who was sitting in the chair.

"Hey, babe," your ex-boyfriend smirked, "Nice to see you again."

"Call me that again and so help me God, I'll slit your throat with my fingernail," you growled, "Why the hell are you here, Matthew?"

"Heard you were working here now," he winked, "Thought I'd drop by to say hello."

"He's a suspect in the murder of Petty Officer Simmons," Ashton grumbled, trying incredibly hard to maintain professional despite how the man in the chair was talking to you. Your eyes widened as you looked at him, then back to Matthew.

"What the hell did you do?!" you exclaimed. He simply smirked again, leaning back in his seat.

"You've always been incredibly sexy when you were angry," he commented.

You didn't even get to fire back at him because Ashton grabbed your hand again, pulling you out of the room. He closed the door loudly, dragging you to his office. Calum, Luke, and Michael all watched the two of you until Ashton closed the door, looking at each other in confusion before just shrugging and getting back to work.

Meanwhile, in Ashton's office, you were standing there as he paced back and forth. He wasn't saying anything, which only made you more confused as to why he was clearly so adamant about bringing you here.

"Ash, what's-" you got out before he cut you off.

"Who is he, Y/N?" Ashton asked you.

"An ex-boyfriend," you crossed your arms over your stomach, "And I don't appreciate the tone, Ashton."