Unconventional (Cody Carson) - Part 2

i wasnt planning on posting this until wednesday since i just posted yesterday but since this is super short, what the hell. i hope you like it.

or not. ;)

~

The idea of finally dating your favorite band member after imagining it happening for so long seems like an amazing concept – at the time.

Now, however... You weren't so sure.

Cody was an amazing boyfriend – there was no doubt about that – but you didn't realize just how much of a toll him not being home often could take on you until it actually started happening.

It had been almost a year and a half now since you and Cody found out you were soulmates. Two weeks after the show you met at, tour had ended, so Cody came back home and spent as much time with you as humanly possible. Eight months after that, he asked you to move into his apartment with him all while the band began going into the studio more frequently to write for their next album. And while it was hard not having him around for sometimes the entire day, you knew he was always coming home later that evening.

But after the release of the album five months ago, things started to change.

The band obviously went on tour for it – as they did with every album they released – and Cody was gone for three months, came home for nearly a week for hometown shows, and then left again.

It felt so strange to have Cody home but to see his suitcases laying around with things in them. And while he did make sure they were out of the way, hidden under the bed, you still knew they were there.

You thought things would get better when he came home again, but it didn't. Honestly, all it did was make things worse, because that was when he told you they were going back on tour for a couple more weeks for shows that had previously been cancelled and to add a few more onto the list.

And that was when you snapped.

"Doesn't it bother you that you're never here?" you asked suddenly one afternoon, taking Cody by surprise. He cocked an eyebrow, almost as if he was telling you to elaborate. "You're always on tour, you're always in the studio, you're always at Dan's place writing more songs," you sighed exasperatedly, "Do you ever take a break? Do you ever think about how maybe you're going out too much when you are home?"

"You were a fan of the band before this, Y/N," Cody reminded you, "You know I'm hardly ever home."

"Yeah, before!" you all but shouted back at him, "And before, it didn't matter that you were never home because I wasn't your girlfriend then!"

"So because you're my girlfriend now, I should just drop everything to hang out with you?" he rolled his eyes.

"You know, Cody," you spat, "It would be nice if you did every once in a while. It would be nice of you to think 'I'd like to spend today with my girlfriend instead of having a half-assed conversation at the end of the day when I know I'm going to fall asleep in the middle of it and then get up to go back to the studio before she wakes up'! But, you know, I guess it's fine, huh? You'd rather spend time with the friends you've already spent eight months out of the year with – I guess spending 24 hours with your girlfriend is just asking for too much these days, isn't it?!"

After getting all of that out of your system, you started to walk to the door so you could leave the apartment, only to have Cody grab your hand and turn you back around.

"This isn't over, Y/N!" he shook his head, "You can't just run away from your problems all the time!"

"I'm not running away from anything," you growled, yanking your hand out of his, "That's the difference between us; I know when to walk away."

"You can't walk away, Y/N; We're soulmates."

"Some soulmate you are then," you grumbled, "At least I tried to make you feel important."

"Y/N-" You cut him off.

"My friends were right," you barely shook your head, wiping the tears of frustration off of your face, "I never should have done this." You immediately spun back around and hastily exited the apartment, not even giving him a chance to ask what you meant.

Cody went to run after you, but he froze in his spot when he heard a faint beeping. And as he looked down at his wrist, his heart skipped a beat.

Because where the blank space used to be after he met you, a new clock had appeared on his skin.

98:07:12:14
98:07:12:13
98:07:12:12
98:07:12:11
98:07:12:10

~

huge thank you to my girl meghan for helping me come up with the idea for this part!!!!!