Love Me Again (Luke Hemmings) - Part 3

i don't think there's really anything triggering about this one unless you're triggered by the mention of car accidents and starving yourself so just keep that in mind before reading

~

Halfway through the movie, there was a knock on your apartment door. Calum got up to go get, laughing as Luke teased you by pulling a fry away from your mouth.

"I can't wait until I'm strong enough again to punch you," you muttered, making him chuckle as he finally let you have the fry. He pressed a kiss to your temple, leaving his lips there as he fed you another fry.

"Y/N!" Ashton beamed as he came into the room, "You're alive!"

"Hi, Ash," you smiled sheepishly, feeling a bit guilty for making him worry about you so much.

Your smile faded, however, when you saw Michael trailing behind Calum. You thought he'd still be pissed at you, but you furrowed your eyebrows when you saw the solemn expression on his face.

"Calum told us what happened and we came over as quick as we could," the brown-haired boy informed you, sitting on the couch adjacent to the one you and Luke were on. You turned your attention to Calum, but he simply shrugged. "Anyway," Ashton continued, making you look back at him, "We just wanted to make sure you were okay. And, if you're alright with it, Mike would like to talk to you alone for a minute." You nodded slowly, starting to get up, but Luke held you down.

"Princess, I don't think you should try walking yet," he shook his head.

"I'm just going to the kitchen, Lu," you said softly.

"Then at least let someone help you get there so you don't fall," he insisted. You sighed, nodding lightly.

Luke started to stand up, but Michael stopped him that time.

"I got her," he said, his voice coming out strained.

He held his hands down to you and you, surprising the boys, took them without hesitation. He pulled you to your feet, bringing one arm around his shoulder and wrapping his arm around your waist, leading you into the other room.

Once you reached the counter, he lifted you up so you were eye level with him.

"I'm really sorry about what happened at the hospital, Y/N," Michael mumbled after a couple moments of silently collecting his thoughts.

"It's okay, Mikey," you said softly.

"No, it's not, Y/N!" he exclaimed, swallowing thickly, "What happened to Luke wasn't your fault but I still blamed you for it! But this... When Calum texted Ash about you not eating, I... I knew it was because of what I said! This is my fault!"

"I've been choosing not to eat, Michael."

"Yeah, because of what I said!" he shook his head, "I... I knew it wasn't your fault, but I blamed you anyway! And I should've... I should've come over and said I was sorry the moment Luke kicked me out of his room at the hospital, but I didn't! I just went home and kept on pretending like I really did think it was your fault and I just... I'm really sorry, Y/N. Like, insanely sorry. I swear I... I'll do anything to make it up to you."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Okay, Mikey," you nodded, grabbing his face and making him stop moving around, "What I want is for you to take a breath-" He did, letting it out slowly. "-and stop saying you're sorry." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"But I-"

"I get it, Mikey," you shrugged, taking your hands back, "You were just mad."

"That doesn't excuse the things I said, Y/N," he mumbled.

"Mikey, if I'm not holding it against you, why do you feel like you have to?"

"Because I... I just... I was... I mean..." he trailed off, knowing he didn't have any real argument for that one.

"I forgive you for what you said, Michael," you assured him, "Now all I want is for you to forgive yourself."

Michael looked at you for a moment before wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you into him, hugging you tightly. You hugged him back as hard as you could, finally regaining some of your strength back.

"Are we good now?" you asked him.

"I love you, you know?" he said, his voice slightly muffled by your shirt, "You're funny and smart and make good food and you're stubborn as fuck, but you make Luke really happy. And you're my best friend and I love you a lot."

"I know," you affirmed, squeezing him a bit, "I love you too, Mikey."

"I'm still gonna make it up to you," he informed you, lifting himself back up to look at you.

"Mich-"

"No," he cut you off, rapidly shaking his head, "I'm gonna buy you whatever you want to eat until you're back to normal."

"You don't have to-"

"Yes, I do," he insisted, "It's the only way I'll forgive myself."

You rolled your eyes, "I should have known you were gonna find a way to use those words against me." Michael smiled widely, quickly hugging you again. He kissed your forehead before releasing you.

"So what movie are you guys watching?" he asked.

"Deadpool," you shrugged, making his eyes widen.

"You're watching Deadpool without me?!" he nearly shouted, leaning down just enough so that he could wrap his arms around your legs and throw you over his shoulder.

"Mikey!" you squealed, laughing loudly.

The other boys looked over as Michael came back into the room, chuckling when they saw you on his shoulder. Michael came to a stop in front of where you'd been sitting beside Luke, carefully putting you on the couch. You huffed jokingly, pushing your hair off of your face.

"I hate when you do that," you reminded him as he plopped down beside you. He lifted his arm up and you immediately cuddled up to him, wrapping your arms around his waist and laying your head on his shoulder.

"Hey," Luke pouted, "I'm your boyfriend; I'm the one who should be getting your cuddles."

"Ah, come on, Luke," Calum grinned, "You should just be happy they're okay again." You smiled, hugging Michael tighter as he kissed the top of your head.

"And speaking of being okay again, let's start this movie over!" Michael chirped, making everyone roll their eyes as he grabbed the remote.

~

this imagine was a lot longer than i thought it was gonna be lmao

inspiration: http://malumshighlight.tumblr.com/post/139786398962/nothing-like-the-rain-part-two