Mischief Managed (Ashton Irwin) - Part 2

Five years later

You and the boys had grown incredibly close in your five years at Hogwarts. You were never seen without one of them at your side – usually Luke since he was in your house – and absolutely no one was surprised to hear about the events leading up to when one of those boys admitted his feeling for you.

It was a Friday evening; dinner was almost over and you decided to wanted to go out to Hogsmaede before curfew. You just got up – not even thinking to tell Luke where you were going since he'd been busy talking to someone else. He did notice you walk out of the room, however, but he just figured you were going to the bathroom.

~

You were trotting back toward the castle a couple hours later when you stopped halfway along the path. You stood there, admiring the Whomping Willow – despite the fact that you'd seen it literally hundreds of times in the last five years – when your heart nearly stopped.

Coming out of the Forbidden Forest was a huge forest troll, holding its club at its side. It hadn't noticed you yet, but you definitely weren't about to stand around and wait for it to.

It was also right about now that you deeply regretted not telling Luke where you were going. True, he could easily walk outside and find you, but you should have at least given him a time you thought you'd be back.

You knew there was no way you could get to the castle without the troll spotting you; You didn't even know if you could get to the Quidditch Pitch without it spotting you – God knows the Whomping Willow didn't offer much protection – but you didn't have any other choice so you had to run.

While the troll was distracted by an animal running past it, you made a break for it. You'd never run so fast in your life, and when you finally made it to the pitch, you darted under the bleachers.

But unfortunately, with your luck, the troll turned at just the right time and caught a glimpse of your hair flying just before you disappeared behind the corner.

You quietly cursed under your breath when you heard the troll approaching. You held your breath, your mouth covered by the palms of your hands, as you hid, praying it wouldn't find you. You could hear it getting closer and closer before you heard a voice – it sounded like it was only on the path between the pitch and the forest – yelling out.

"Hey, tiny! Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?!"

And your heart stopped when you realized it was Ashton.

You were suddenly more terrified of him getting hurt than yourself as you heard the troll walk away and follow the new sound. You scrambled out of your hideout and peeked around the corner. You watched Ashton lead the troll back toward the Forbidden Forest.

You couldn't hear what Ashton was saying, but he pulled out his wand and it was clear he'd used the Wingardium Leviosa charm to pluck the club from the troll's hand. After dashing away from the edge of the forest, he ended up behind the troll and swung his wand as hard as he could so the club knocked the troll back into the forest. Ashton then used the Stupefy spell to knock the troll out, causing it to collapse so it couldn't follow him anymore. The moment the troll hit the ground, you were bolting toward the brown-haired boy.

Ashton spun around when he heard someone coming up behind him, but when he realized it was you, he shoved his wand back into his boot and his arms wrapped around your waist the second you reached him. You were breathing heavily, understandably in tears, and held onto Ashton like your life depended on it. He let out a deep sigh of relief and held you just as tightly, knowing you were safe now.