Good Intentions (Calum Hood)

"Crap," you mumbled to yourself as you walked down the sidewalk, the soft rumble of thunder echoing in the air. You didn't think it was supposed to storm until later that night, which was why you were walking from your dorm to your History project partner's off-campus apartment now.

You had known Calum Hood since high school – you were both in the same grade, although you transferred to his school in the middle of sophomore year. You didn't really know him, but you knew of him. Your boyfriend at the time was on the soccer team with Calum, one of his best friends, so he talked about him all the time.

You never met him though, having broken up with your boyfriend two months into junior year – after only five months of dating. And from then on – for no discernible reason at all – it seemed like the entire soccer team and anyone they were friends with hated you.

Calum wasn't the worst of them, but he certainly wasn't the nicest either. He would tease you every day after the break-up, picking on what you were wearing or how your hair looked – whatever he thought would get under your skin. You, of course, never gave him the satisfaction of letting him see that what he was saying was getting to you; You held it in until you got home from school instead.

But even as you both entered college, the teasing never ceased. You were fine with it though – as fine with day-to-day mocking as you could be, anyway; You just held your head high and ignored him whenever you saw him on campus.

Unfortunately though, you couldn't ignore him forever.

Your History professor paired you and Calum up on a project. He was the kind of professor that refused to switch partners he'd placed together, so you knew you'd have to suck it up – just like you did whenever Calum was around you.

And that was where you were now.

You'd done your portion of the project, so you were taking what you'd done to Calum's apartment so he could finish his portion. Despite the constant torment, he really was a good student, so you had no doubt that he would actually do the work.

You had been there for all of 10 seconds before Calum started making fun of you yet again. You didn't understand why he was making fun of your outfit choice – you were wearing sweatpants and an old t-shirt; did he expect you to get dressed up just to give him your work? – but you just brushed it off; If he wanted to continue to be immature about something that happened four years ago, so be it.

You did, however, silently curse yourself for not organizing all of your work before you left your dorm because now, it just meant spending more time with Calum. You were quick to pull out all your books and gather up the random pages of notes and such into a folder you didn't mind letting him have.

The thunder outside had started becoming more and more frequent, but it was no more sound that that of a train on tracks a quarter of a mile away. You weren't about to take the chance of getting caught in a storm on your walk home, so you picked up the pace.

Once you finished putting everything in the folder, you started to pack up your books. But it was too late.

A loud crack of thunder startled you and you usually grabbed the closest thing to you when it happened. Unfortunately for you though, this time, that closest thing happened to be Calum's forearm.

"What are you doing?" Calum asked you.

"S-Sorry," you whispered, quickly releasing your grip and taking your hand back. He instantly cocked an eyebrow at you.

"Are you scared of thunder?" he asked, letting you hear every bit of amusement laced in his voice.

"Shut up," you mumbled.