Dear Paper Boy (Ashton Irwin) - Part 2

here's part 2 i guess wtf

~

Come over??

You smiled slightly at the text Ashton had sent you and your heart racing at the photo he'd sent with it – a selfie of him pouting with a thermometer stuck in his mouth as he laid on his couch. You texted him back the emoji of the man running to let him know you were on your way before getting up from your seat on your couch, taking your laptop back to your bedroom, and putting on some shoes.

You and Ashton had been talking to each other for what felt like 24/7 for the past two weeks – minus the times you were sleeping and at work, obviously – since that day he came over when you'd been sick yourself. You never really thought being sick could be a beneficial thing, but if it brought you and Ashton together, then it couldn't really be that bad.

You were at Ashton's front door in less than 10 minutes with a can of soup in your hand. You knocked a couple times and waited for him, standing there for a few moments before he finally reached the door. Ashton smiled weakly the second he saw you, making you frown at how terrible he looked.

"How are you feeling?" you asked. He didn't even have time to answer before you were stepping into the house and pressing your palm to his forehead. "Ash," you frowned again, "You're burning up."

"But I'm so cold," he pouted, pulling his blanket tighter around him.

"I told you you were gonna get sick if you stayed over," you shook your head, smiling sympathetically as you closed the door behind you and led him to the couch.

You helped Ashton sit down before putting the can you were holding onto the coffee table and then sitting yourself, only to have him reposition himself to cuddle up to you. You instinctively raised your hand to his head, playing with his hair gently. You heard him sigh in content as he nuzzled his face in your shoulder, making you smile slightly.

"Have you eaten anything?" you asked softly.

"I tried before I texted you," he murmured, "But I couldn't keep it down."

"I'm sorry, Ash."

"Why are you sorry?" he wondered.

"I was the one who got you sick..."

"Y/N, I told you I didn't care," he reminded you, "I just wanted to help you get better." You didn't say anything in response – you simply blushed lightly and kissed the side of his forehead.

~

It wasn't until two hours later that Ashton had repositioned himself again to lie down on the couch with his head on your lap, falling asleep almost instantly. You could help but stare at him – even in his state of sickness, he was still so beautiful – but you quickly shook it off and turned your attention back to the show Ashton insisted you'd watch with him.

Half an hour had passed and you were so into the show on the TV screen that you didn't even hear the front door opening. You did, however, hear the loudly talking boys that had opened it.

"Hey!" you whispered, "Shh!" The boys froze upon hearing your voice, looking down to find Ashton sleeping soundly on your lap.

"I'm guessing practice is canceled for today then," the taller blonde chuckled softly.

"Hey, uh, no offense, but who are you?" the black-haired boy asked you.

"Y/N," you informed them, and he told you their names in return.

"Ah," the other blonde, Michael, smirked, "So you're the infamous Y/N we've been hearing about."

"What does that mean?" you let out a confused laugh.