Code Blue (Calum Hood) - Part 1 *

Warning: This imagine contains mention of self-harm/suicide, so if that triggers you in any way, please don't read this.

~

Three days earlier

"Code blue!" you heard someone shout, "We have a code blue in 117!"

You opened your eyes and finding yourself in an unfamiliar room. Your confusion only heightened when you looked over at the commotion, finding yourself lying on a bed with people surrounding you.

"Hey, can someone tell me what's going on?" you said, trying to get their attention. They ignored you, however, and that was when you realized something.

You were in a hospital room, lying on the bed, and those surrounding you were doctors and nurses. Your mind was racing when you looked at the monitor you were apparently hooked up to, listening to the shrill, constant beep, paired with the flat line you were seeing.

"Hello!" you shouted as loudly as you could, "I'm right here! Just turn around!"

"They can't hear you, dear," you suddenly heard beside you, making you jump. Your head snapped over, finding an older woman smiling sadly at you.

"What do you mean they can't hear me?" you asked, "I'm right here."

She sighed lightly, reaching over to take your hand, pressing it to your chest. You were silent for a moment, feeling around before it dawned on you that you couldn't feel anything at all.

You were dead.

"What happened?" you mumbled, more to yourself than to the lady next to you.

"You went too deep," she shook her head solemnly. You were quiet again for a moment as you stared at your body before breathing a sigh of relief.

"Finally," you grinned, "So what is this then?" You looked at the woman again. "Are you, like, the escort to wherever I end up now?"

"Something like that," she nodded, "I'm here to help you choose."

"Choose what?"

"Whether you want to remain dead, or go back," she replied, motioning to your body.

"Why would I want to go back?" you cocked an eyebrow, "Obviously I wanted to die or else I wouldn't be here."

"I've been through this with so many people, Y/N," she said, "And I can't even begin to tell you how many people regret making that decision."

"How do you know my name...?" you asked slowly.

"That's not important," she shook her head again, "What's important is we get going."

"Where are we going?" you asked. You suddenly felt a shock in your chest, making your hand fly up. 

"I've got her!" you heard the same nurse that called the code blue shout, "I've got a pulse!" You felt a faint beating and looked over, hearing the heart monitor you were hooked up to beep in time with it.

"What the hell was that?" you looked back at the woman.

"You'll remain in a coma until you decide whether you want to cross over to the afterlife or give life another shot," she explained, "While you're in this state, we're going to visit people as if they were finding out about your death."