Fed Up (Luke Hemmings)

Here you were, standing in the Alpha Sigma Phi frat house, trying to maintain what little composure you had left. Your best friend Luke was a member of the frat and always insisted that you come to the parties he and his brothers throw every weekend.

Usually, Luke treated you like a princess, but he had a tendency to treat you poorly around other guys – especially when they were his frat brothers.

Tonight, however, was a whole new level.

You swallowed thickly as everyone laughed at your so-called best friend's comments. You couldn't believe that someone who claimed to be your friend would switch so drastically just to maintain some sort of reputation in front of his friends.

But you weren't having any of it anymore. You'd sat on feeling this way for so long – listening to Luke bash you and your grades and your major and your appearance time and time again when he was with his frat brothers – and you were finally fed up.

Your eyes were glazed over with tears as you quickly wiped them from your face with the back of your free hand. You looked down at the half-filled cup of beer in your other hand, taking a deep breath as you looked back up at Luke.

You suddenly tossed your drink at him and everyone immediately stopped laughing. They stared you in shock as you threw your now empty cup at him, took his snapback off of your head, and threw that at him as well. You stomped out of the frat house without a single word, slamming the door shut behind you.

Luke was still standing there, his jaw loose and slightly hanging open. He looked down at his beer-covered shirt, trying to fully comprehend what had just happened.

"Hey, man, are you-" Luke's friend cut himself off when the blonde bent down, grabbed his snapback off the floor, and went upstairs.

Luke tore his shirt off and threw it onto the floor, placed the hat back on his head, and – not even bothering to put a clean shirt on – went back downstairs. He didn't even acknowledge the stares as he left the house to find you.

You lived in the sorority four houses down from Luke's frat, but he knew you didn't go back. Luke had known you well enough to know exactly where you went when you were upset, and that was the koi pond behind the library. It was the furthest building from the houses – clear across campus – but that was how you liked it when you wanted to be alone.

Luke walked all the way to the library, noticing no one in sight. He made his way around the building, finding you exactly where he knew you'd be – sitting at the edge of the water, looking at all the koi fish. You were breathing shakily and Luke would be lying if he said he didn't feel a pang of guilt in his chest when he heard that you were sniffling.

He stepped on a stick as he approached you, making you jump and snap your head back to see who was there. Luke sat down cross-legged beside you, but you didn't say anything – you just moved to get up.

The blonde immediately grabbed your hips and pulled you back down so you were sitting in his lap, your back pressed to his bare chest. You huffed in response, going to move again only to have his arms wrap around your waist.

"Why are you so upset, baby girl?" Luke asked you.

"You know why I'm upset, Lucas," you spat, "You constantly bash me in front of your friends and I don't like it."

"I don't-"

"Yes, you do!" you shouted, "You treat me like you actually care about me when we're alone or with my friends, but when we're with other guys, you treat me like complete shit and you know it! You act like such an asshole around them and I'm sick of it!"