Destined to Explode (Alex Gaskarth) - Part 9

"Glitter!" Danielle shouted, making everyone look at her.

"Listen, Danielle," Michael said as he rubbed his ear, "I know this is coming from me, but you're really loud sometimes."

"Maybe that's why you're perfect for each other then," Briana shrugged, going behind the curtain when Lillian handed her an outfit to put on. Danielle rolled her eyes and the guitarist smiled slightly when she laid her head on his shoulder. "Here's a question for you, Danielle," she went on taking off her shirt and replacing it with the new one, "If you were in the final three, what would you be singing tonight?"

"That's such a loaded question!" she groaned, "Do you know how many songs I'd wanted to sing on the show and had to narrow down to one a week!"

"We were roommates," she laughed, "I remember the struggle very well." Danielle sighed, taking a moment to really think about it.

"I guess I'd sing Oh, Calamity!," she finally answered.

"Really?" Michael grinned, craning his neck slightly to look down at her.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "I mean, I was going to do an All Time Low song if I made it through, I just hadn't decided which one. But then I didn't have to pick, so..." She trailed off with another shrug.

"Are you really sure you're over that?" Briana asked.

"I'm fine!" she insisted, "I didn't totally fuck up my audition this year, I made it to the final four, I've finally been signed to a label after trying to for so long..." Michael smiled again, kissing the side of her head. "The only thing I'm bummed out about is that I never got to sing All Time Low," she said.

"Make a YouTube channel and sing it there," she suggested, "Or put it on an EP or something." Danielle hummed quietly, nodding her head in agreement.

"Don't cover Stella though," Michael interjected, "I might marry you right there."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," the brunette scoffed. Briana finally came out from behind the curtain, making Danielle smile brightly. "Beautiful!" she chirped, making her best friend laugh and shake her head.

"Thank you," she replied, "I'm glad I didn't have to get ready three hours in advance for this one though because this shirt is not working with my arms right now." The three other people in the room laughed and Briana left to quickly get her makeup done before her performance.

~

"Coming back to sing with her coach, here are Alex Gaskarth and Briana Weir with Parachute's Kiss Me Slowly!" Carson announced.

Briana would be lying if she said she weren't nervous to be singing this song. Of course, she knew the song inside and out – it was one of her all-time favorites – but something about singing it with one of her heroes was making her feel queasy.

But if she learned anything throughout this entire show, it was how to overcome any obstacles thrown at her and give the best damn performance she could.

Stay with me, baby, stay with me
Tonight, don't leave me alone
Walk with me, come and walk with me
To the edge of all we've ever known

I can see you there with the city lights
Fourteenth floor, pale blue eyes
I can breathe you in

Two shadows standing by the bedroom door
No, I could not want you more than I did right then
As our heads leaned in