The Last Dance (Marshall Traver) - Part 4

Three months later

It was the last full day you would be spending in Raylea with Marshall and his family – and although you were sad to be leaving Marshall, you definitely weren't upset about never having to see the other Princesses again.

Ever since Marshall took you to the bakery, the Princesses were even ruder to you – which you didn't think was possible, to be honest – and they weren't as careful when talking amongst each other about how they didn't like you, clearly wanting you to know about it as if you didn't already.

But you tried your best to remain positive – you and Marshall were still going strong and it seemed like you were getting closer with him each day you spent together. Surely he would still want to be with you even though you lived over four hours away... Right...?

~

"Now," the King started his usual speech after you all finished eating breakfast, "You ladies have been busy throughout your entire stay, so I think it's only reasonable that you all take the last day in our kingdom to yourselves to do whatever you please. The Prince and I have some meetings to attend later this afternoon, but we'll be finished with them before your flights depart to say goodbye." Your head snapped over when you realized Marshall wasn't going to be around all day, really not wanting to spend time alone with the Princesses.

You felt a hand squeeze your thigh tightly, turning your attention away from the King and Queen as they exited the dining hall and back to the Prince who was sitting right beside you.

Marshall smiled softly before releasing you and standing up, offering his hand out to you. You obviously took it without hesitation, doing your best to ignore the scowl you were receiving from Princess Naomi as you were led onto the castle porch.

"I don't want to be alone with them..." you swallowed the moment you were outside, making Marshall look at you.

"It'll only be for a couple hours," he tried to reassure you, "I'll be back before you know it."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't find out about it myself until before you came in for breakfast," he sighed, "I tried to get out of it, but my dad said it's important that I attend as many meetings with him as I can before I take over the kingdom."

And while you did understand the benefits of Marshall going with his father to the meetings, it really sucked that he wasn't able to spend your last few hours in the kingdom with you.

"Hey," he murmured, moving in front of you and taking your chin in his hand so you would look at him, "I don't have to leave for another three hours; I'm all yours until then." You finally smiled, feeling your cheeks get warmer and warmer. Marshall pressed a quick kiss to your lips before letting go of you and continuing to walk to the...

"Where are we going?" you asked, feeling him start to rub the back of your hand with his thumb.

"Dunno," he shrugged with a grin, "Anywhere you are is where I'd rather be."

"Alright, Romeo – settle down," you giggled, grinning even wider when his lips hit the side of your forehead.

~

Four hours later

You'd been roaming around the kingdom by yourself for about an hour now, happy you hadn't run into any of the Princesses. While you enjoyed spending time with Marshall, it was kinda nice to just walk around at your own free will and explore wherever your curiosity decided to take you.